Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, how did you come up with it?

I call mine Copperhead Hill Beagles. Even though I dont live on a hill, the area that we live in was called copperhead hill years ago because there were alot of copperheads around.

I havent been able to wipe em out but Ive thinned em down quite a bit over the years. :wink:

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Mine is Salzer Mtn, I live on what the old timer's pronounce as salz mtn. Years ago under the no fence law people used to run their cattle and hogs on this mountain. It was like free range and they branded the cattle and ear marked the hogs. Years ago i used Fall Creek as a kennel name because i live close to Fall Creek Falls state park. I hike over their a lot and i'm amazed at how tame the deer and squirrel are. You can pass them on the trails and they don't even act like your around.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
salzer i bet ifthem deer could read license plates they'd run when they see a ******* from lousiana coming through. i jus put my last name iin front but only for dogs im the breeder of.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
we own a farm in whats known around the area as stavemill hollow and thats where we got stavemill beagles

·
Banned
469 Posts
Don't really have an offical kennel name.I guess if I did it would be Creben Hill Kennels. There was a small fight there back during the civil war and there are 6 or 8 confederate solders buried at the cemetary that were killed there.Creben Creek runs along the bottom of the hill and along the edge of part of our land.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
kennel names

I use to put White Rock in front of all my progressive pack dogs name if I bred and raised them. Now that I'm going to a more line control dog I'm thinking about changing it to Coaltown Beagles because of all the coaL mining that went on around Coalgate years ago.-------------Rodger

·
Registered
520 Posts
I use CHK which stands for Camp Hill Kennels and that where I live. It was a look out point for this area . There is a big spring (marlowe springs),and at the foot of the hill it used to be an old school there and supposedly Indian camp grounds there . There was also a march from Grand Junction, Tn. south very near here ( the old Saulsibury Road) . There are several grave sites about a mile from my house from the civil war.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
I have a ditch, yes a ditch that is my property line that runs across my back yard. It is the beginning of Grasshopper Creek. Hense "Grasshopper Creek Beagles". GCB

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
My kennel name is Do Right Kennel. My dad called my grandpa Do Right as a nick name. My grandpa died on his 95th birthday a couple of years ago. I named it after my grandpa. Me and dad both have dogs under that kennel name

·
Registered
19 Posts
i don't have a kennel name per say but anything bred and raised by me gets "devils right hand" in front of there call name. i took it from a steve earl song of the same title. waylon jennings also did a version.:clap::

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have always used Echo Hill's as my kennel name. It was the name of my father's foxhound kennels back when I was very little. It came from the echo sounds of a pack of up to 30 or 40 hounds running red fox across the area where we grew up. Strange hounds would have lots of trouble coursing the real pack at times trying to get in the race only to go towards the echoes. Lots of old hound men were fooled as to where the pack was at certain times.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I grew up in Thayer, Mo. There was a little community outside of town known to the local folks as Barn Hollow. Barn Hollow road was the firs place my dad ever let me drive. In the old days it was called Barren Hollow because none of the farmers could get anything to grow there. Over the years through hillbilly slang people would pronounce it Barn Hollow and that's how I came up with my Kennel name!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
High Rock Beagles

I live off of High Rock Lake in Lexington NC. My original name 25 years ago was Kahl's Little Pak Kennels. Moved to NC 20 years ago and liked High Rock Beagles better ,don't plan on moving so I changed it .
http://www.akcweircreekbeagles.com/

·
Registered
232 Posts
I call mine Beaton Creek Beagles, Is A Creek just past my House, It is where my GrandFather, Great Grand Father, And my Great Great Grand Father lived. So I went with my Ancestors. Well It Beat out Bisket Eaters anyway!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Cedar Trail Kennels because the road im on is Cedar Trail.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Ponderosa Kennels here, my dad came up with it because he had planted several ponderosa pines around his kennels when i was younger, was keeping my dogs there when he came up with it

·
Registered
134 Posts
I usually put Falls Mill's as a prefix on my dogs names. Falls Mill is a historic site where I grew up. I really enjoy it around there and have deer hunted on that land for a long time, so it just seemed fitting.

·
Registered
276 Posts
When I first got into registered dogs I wanted to have some sort of kennel name. My first dog I named Red Nutbush Sunrise. I was going to have my kennel name in the middle of the name, but decided to start it out with Nutbush being that is the community I live in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts