Disinfecting pens

Discussion in 'Beagle Health' started by Hoot, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Hoot

Hoot New Member

s.c.
    What would you guys suggest a a good disinfectant for previously used pens that you will raise puppies in thanks.

2. RKW

RKW Active Member

Hoot, mine are on concrete and I use Clorox to disinfect it. I would use it on dirt as well. I believe the vet uses it too.

Roger

3. Hoot

Hoot New Member

s.c.
    Thanks Roger i had the same idea.Think i have my female bred just making preparations for the puppies

4. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

Clorox Bleach and water in a miture of 50/50 is what I use. Air Dry.

5. rosco

rosco New Member

I use bleach.
    I raised by last pups in a plastic insulated house.
    I bleached it 3 times rinseing well and air drying
    in the 6 week period that the pups lived
    in it.

6. TC

TC New Member

We use ODOBAN it is an anti bacterial, anti viral product which also reduces the smell. You can find this in the full strength bottle at SAMS club or at WalMart. Since we have been using this stuff it has been a lot better. One thing I don't like about bleach is if it is not stored properly it is like using water out of their water bucket and if not mixed properly the effectiveness is not as good as the other stuff.

7. how do you mix the odoban? percentage of product with water?

8. bterry

bterry New Member

Clorox is the most cost efficient disinfectant you can get just let the pen air dry when your done

9. lime

i use powdered lime i am assuming the lime raises the ph and the bacteria can't survive. I learned this from a buddy of mine who's dad has raised more dogs than i probably ever will. it wrks great.

10. Pine Hill

Pine Hill New Member

Tn
    concentrated Lysol, in summer alternate with clorox

11. I like odoban smells a whole lot better than bleach and disinfects just as well...I just can't find it around us.

Www.odoban.com