Did anyone hunt in the snow today?

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by Crofford, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Crofford

Crofford New Member

Just wondering if anyone else hunted in the snow today.We went out this morning and wound up killing 5 and missed 4 more.I was real proud of my dogs this was the first time I had really been able to hunt them in a good snow.They hunted really hard all day and they had too the rabbits were holding very tight there were several times I saw the dogs stick their head in a mound of grass and snow and a rabbit jump straight up in the air.In fact the first rabbit we jumped this morning was a big old swamper and it literaly ran over my buddy Bradly.The dogs were cold trailing around a small brush pile one of the dogs stuck their head in and let out a load cry the rabbit jumped up in the air out of the brush pile and hit Bradly about halfway up his leg he let out a very loud squeel ( Bradly that is ) and feel flat on his rear the rabbit hit the ground and bounched right down the middle of the road nobody even fired a shot Bradly was laying on the ground with his gun in the snow and I was laughing so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes the dogs got on him and ran him for a while but that one got away.We had some more good races after that they weren't just burning them up but they were able to slowly push them and eventually bring them back to us.I'll try to download a pic later.

2. well, that settles it, I'm goin tomorrow. Hope we can get on some. Kindda worried about all this snow though.

3. RKW

RKW Active Member

Crofford I'm laughing so hard right now tears are coming out of my eyes! That's funny right there.:hide::whew::fear:

Roger

4. I won't to go but been a little under the weather might try to go tomorrow