Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the other day that he was only entered in 4 trials and won 3 of them including the Nationals. Is that true?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Gary Hanks judged the National, the year Otis won, and he said without any doubt that he was the best little male he has ever seen run a rabbit.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive heard other people say that too James. I sure wish I had gotten to see him and wish even more that I had bred some females to him.

Whether he finished in 6 trials or in 4 is pretty impressive but the way I heard it he won 3 out of 4 trials that he was entered in and came in second in the one he didnt win. I thought some of you guys might know for sure or got to see him at one of those trials.

·
Registered
89 Posts
nip was a dream dog have talked to alot of guys that have dogs out of him that are verry pleased with them and wouldnt sell them for any amount of money.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just bought a last year derby directly out of Otis and a FC Cotton Country Black Joker female... She is worth gold to me! Just the pedigrees I like!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a male son of Nip Otis and grandson of FC Shorts Pro on dams side. I love the little male, very hard hunter and clean running.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even the ones that didnt make trial dogs for one reason or another seem to have made a lot of rabbit hunters happy.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im kinda suprised that more people didnt see him or know for sure what his trial record was.

Im gonna make a few calls and see if I can find out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This may may not be fact only what i heard. He was enterred in one licensed trial as a derby making 2nd series. The rest i know he received 3 wins and a 2nd then went on to win the nationals. The dog he placed 2nd to was FC Flatlands Smokey

·
Registered
343 Posts
I gave otis is only second out of 43 dogs on Feb 13,2000.I know all the top 4 hounds finished. Smokey,otis,J And J Trail Away Nick,Stringfellow's Cutter Bo.I lost track of the NBQ dog Koz's Hank jo jo Bear. Otis Hunted great, knew where the rabbit was going,never in the wrong place.I could run and keep up with him back then.Real smooth running dog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts