Deleting a post

Discussion in 'Forum Software Help' started by MackC, Feb 12, 2010.

1. MackC

MackC Moderator

How do I delete a post?

2. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

Its set up so that you only have 20 minutes to delete one.

Ill give an example of why its set up like that but if yall want me to change it, I will.

Lets say I made a post that says "MackC runs some of the sorriest dogs Ive ever seen."

An argument gets started then I come back in a day or two and edit it to "MackC runs some of the best dogs Ive ever seen."

Or I could list a dog for sale for say $200 then when I get some interest change the post to $300 and say that you misread it.

Like I said, Im not necessarily opposed to changing the settings, I just wanted to explain why its set up the way it is.

3. MackC

MackC Moderator

Thanks for the info. I had the one with the lemon pups for sale. I just wondered how to delete it.

4. tride

tride New Member

n.c
    tride

How do I delete my post my dog is sold.

5. FB

Just make a post saying its sold and one of us will edit it.

6. FB

I changed this setting and you can now edit your own posts.

7. I can't figure out how to delete a post of dog sold. I just put sold, but would like to delete it. I'm a little slow.

8. FB

Only an admin or mod can delete a thread.

Its set up that way so that you cant say something like "so and so is a ________" (not very nice) and then get a bunch of stuff stirred up then change the post to "so and so is a really nice guy" or something like that.