Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2500 finished cattle died from heat exhaustion at cattle yards in Kansas. Mostly Black Angus, the color absorbs the heat faster.
Watch the price of beef go up. JMHO

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I don't mind hearing about climate change/global warming ect.
The Earth is a little over one degree warmer than is was 100 years ago. No problem with that.
What I don't care for is being told giant fans that cost millions and do almost nothing are a good thing. That is just silly. The power to run them puts more carbon in the air than they take out for goodness sake.
Gore and his like have made millions stirring the pot but you are fine with that.
The country is in a mess but you are fine with that. What ever it takes to do something now.
You apparently have no clue what it will take to charge battery cars. But you are all in for it no matter what happens to people today.
I could go on but like all liberals you are only interested in hearing yourself talk.

People have been trying to tell you that if we continue as we are people will starve and it has nothing to do with the climate.
If it was only you people who are being sucked down into the abyss I would be fine with that as it is your choice but you are hurting folks along the way and you don't care..
There are millions who are trying to make it to tomorrow. They don't have the luxury of worrying about the distant future and throwing money into con mens pockets. They work hard to have a home but now they have to not do the things they planned on because gas to get back and forth to work is taking all the money they can come up with.
Don't you care at all about the people who are alive to day?
These folks have rights to. They have the right to work and raise a family.
Anyone with any sense at all knows the high fuel prices are just a way to force your agenda down peoples throat. Whither you are right or wrong about your ideas that is wrong.
You and those who think like you are going to destroy the country way before it melts. Can't you see that we are on an unstainable course and will crash soon. If you really do care about the climate then you will need to let all people think they have a tomorrow before they will care much about what may happen in the future. We have to get to the future first and that ain't looking good.

You do not know my political affiliation. You assume you do. You label me right wing. You are one small step from a red flag and take all my guns without any due process. That in itself about neuters the 2nd.You need to understand there is no coming back from these laws you want and next round it may be you that suffers. You are buying into a con game.

I understand you don't give a flip about anyone except those who agree with you. I understand there are many like you.
I wish no harm to you. Why can't you feel the same.
While I may admire your passion I can not support this radical agenda .It is designed to lead the good intentioned down a path that will bankrupt the country. More than we already are I guess. We can't afford big fans and failed solar companies and on and on with these con games. I have not heard you mention the slash and burn of the rainforest. You actually think China is all in on climate change. Please.
These people don't care about the climate for heavens sake. They are power hungry and will with your help get total control. What do you think will happen to the climate movement then. Do you think Greta will be free to run around the world blaming the people who made it this far.
I know you don't remember Moa or Stalin or any of the despots but people are still pushing their agenda. There are people who have hated this country ever since it's inception.
Pull your head out of the sand and look at the bigger picture. There is bad people behind this stuff. Really evil people. Do you think being put on your knees and having your throat cut can never happen here. It can if we are not careful. Who do you think is streaming across the border. Do you ever wonder who the cartels with their warehouses of money own.
We need to do something about peoples lives today. Fighting climate change is fine and noble but we have more pressing problems.
I know. You will just roll your eyes and discount everything I say because you have been made to think you are a savior. You think everyone but you is stupid.
Ever hear of a book called Rules for Radicals. Might be a good idea to give it a scan.
This is the most critical time I remember.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
What a rant. I have to like the passion. If only it was focused on solutions instead of complaining about what you think liberals are doing to America. Today’s issues are minor (even gun violence) by comparison to climate change and can be fixed with better leadership and less political fighting.

The great problem of man-made climate change is so complex that humans and most other species may not survive it. It’s not a theory anymore - it’s already happening and it’s happening as predicted years ago when it WAS a theory. It may be even worse than expected because of the rate it is accelerating. So it’s really today’s biggest problem and can not be dismissed by saying we have bigger problems right now. It’s really too bad we didn’t listen to Al Gore 25 years ago, despite how bad you Republicans hate him. He tried to warn us, but Americans weren’t ready to listen. Sad thing is, you still aren’t and time is running out.

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
While it is terrible that these cows died, it is not new or uncommon for the summer. 2500 head is a small percent of the cattle population in Kansas. It happens every year that we have heat spikes. When news stations want to promote an agenda, they key on certain things. Still not staying it is not a terrible loss for our farmers but social media has become our way of news and they are working hard to form public opinion before the next election. Buckle up, it will get worse in the coming months. .

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
While it is terrible that these cows died, it is not new or uncommon for the summer. 2500 head is a small percent of the cattle population in Kansas. It happens every year that we have heat spikes. When news stations want to promote an agenda, they key on certain things. Still not staying it is not a terrible loss for our farmers but social media has become our way of news and they are working hard to form public opinion before the next election. Buckle up, it will get worse in the coming months. .
True. Good post. Cattle farming will change by necessity in areas plagued by drought and extreme heat. Extreme heat is also currently a problem in Europe, where places like Madrid, Paris and London are seeing record heat for this early in the season. Just another record (or near record) year for warmth with summer yet to come.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I JUST WISH we could have discussed this warming discussion during the winter months----it was so cold payday and dirty pete had my jumper cables in the running pen trying to "JUMP START" a rabbit
You know, they say our winters are warming (globally) faster than our summers, but bad winters still occur. “Good” news is the milder winters will become more and more the norm. This past winter was the worst we have seen here in nearly 10 years.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Cattle dying in stock yards is nothing new, has been happening for years due to poor management and inhumane conditions/treatment at poor run facilities, has nothing to do with climate change !
Sorry but being a Old Man !
I hate a liar/thief and hypocrite, like Al Gore, he testified before congress and said we all need to change to save the world from climate change, he also stated that all the money he made during these BS speeches was donated to non profit towards change, while living in a 9 million dollar mansion that consumed 19 times the energy of a residential home, fleet of Suburbans, private jets, yachts etc.
we are not ever going to be able to control climate change, this world has always been dependent on fossil fuels and always will, yes we can work to improve the environment but you can’t change the country in a year !
It’s all about $$$$ they are playing the American people as fools to line their pockets !
So don’t tell me Al Gore was the answer, he was the Great Deceiver !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Nowhere above did I say these cattle were killed by climate change. Of course they were killed by heat exposure. What I did say is that cattle farming will have to change as the world gets hotter and dryer, to avoid more and more of these events. Some areas are already having difficulty raising cattle with little to no water.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts