Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sky Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Plant
Ive had this cur dog about a month we just haven’t seemed like we have been clicking together now I know some of these ole cur dogs can be odd but I think we started in the same direction this morning the first squirrel he treed was a gray that I crippled out to him he ran it about 20 yards and caught it on the ground that little gray balled up on his head and was working on his nose till he got it slung off , the second was a nice big red squirrel I popped him and he was dancing all over that tree top that cur dog was going crazy watching that squirrel I was telling him to watch him …..and popping my 20 gauge Lol the 3 rd one I knocked out to him he saw and hung up in a bush about 10 feet off the ground boys that set him on fire I thought this was a good place to stop we had a pretty good training day today

· Registered
1,026 Posts
I can totally see why he or anyone or anything else WOULDN’T click with you…………🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But I like the dog, I’ve got a long legged registered mountain fice that’s smarter than a lot of people I’ve met. Maybe he’ll bring out your best if there is such a thing……….🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

· Registered
1,026 Posts
I’m getting a brand new 2023 from all that complaining and would love to take trip your way and give you a free ride to the train station……..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣‼

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well your good at pissing n moaning lots of internet keyboard hunters like yourself I try to avoid folks like that as you can see I don’t talk about it I’ll leave the yapping to you……

· Administrator
6,774 Posts
I hunted curr dogs all my life until i got too old to ramble the woods. They are smart---gritty---and try to please if you got the right kind
I always figured.there was two kinds of curr----ones that hunts and bonds with the human----one that hunts for himself~ those willl drive a man insane----they hunt for themself and dont care if a person goes or not----cant control/handle them---the stay gone for days at a time and come in when ready--usually starved half to death---I have lost work--and lots of sleep with that kind until i got wise

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Lol…..Well I know I’ve got some really good skills you would be impressed with if I ever get a chance to meet and show you. I guarantee you won’t forget them…🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for looking men this 2 1/2 year old cur dog is not as far along for his age like I think he should be but he’s very keen about watching and listening to me he’s crazy about the gun and squirrels hopefully he’ll keep progressing and learning the next 30 days

· Administrator
6,774 Posts
Thanks for looking men this 2 1/2 year old cur dog is not as far along for his age like I think he should be but he’s very keen about watching and listening to me he’s crazy about the gun and squirrels hopefully he’ll keep progressing and learning the next 30 days
ALL DOGS START AT A DIFFERENT AGE DEPENDING ON EXPOSURE----I HAD 2 THAT STARTED AT 3.5 --4 MONTHS OLD BY LETTING THEM RUN LOOSE--BY 6 7 MONTHS TIMBER A SQUIRREL LIKE AN OLD DOG---I LOVED FOOLING WITH CURR PUPS ~~~

· Premium Member
7,791 Posts
Wilbur the best squirrel dog I ever owned was a red bone racoon hound. He loved to tree a squirrel and a pretty good racoon dog too!! My uncle gave him to me when he was 2 because he wouldn’t tree squat said he wasn’t interested. 6 months later it all clicked and you couldn’t ask for more. Uncle couldn’t believe it. Offered to buy him back from me for good money but I owned him till he died at 11.

· Registered
12 Posts
I have a Treeing Tennessee Brindle pup I am training on squirrels. She showed a lot of interest in squirrels. Shot one out to her one day, she picked it up, and it latched on to her bottom jaw with its last few breaths. Made her want to chase them more. As soon as I made sure she wasn't bleeding she was wanting to find another.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts