Crazy Dog

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by KyBrushBuster, Sep 21, 2020.

1. KyBrushBuster

KyBrushBuster Well-Known Member

Last week I took Sis for what I thought was her last run till the puppies get here. I've been letting her out to chase the frisbee in the yard to keep her in shape. Well apparently that wasn't enough. I get a call at work saying she had chewed her way out and was down in the holler running a rabbit. So I drive home and sure enough she is at the very bottom wearing it out. How she squeezed her big pregnant butt through that little hole I will never understand. I swear that dog could escape from Alcatraz.
    20200921_125515.jpg 20200921_125955.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  2. JMS Ky Kennels

JMS Ky Kennels Well-Known Member

Kentucky
    She’s a tough one for sure! Is this her first litter?

3. luckynickelfarm

luckynickelfarm Well-Known Member

va
    She gettin a head start on teaching her pups how to run one

4. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

5. KyBrushBuster

Yes this is her first. They should be here in 7-10 days if my count is correct.

6. LtELmer

I was thinking that, I thought she would be a bit bigger.

7. Jabshier1

Jabshier1 Well-Known Member

That’s one determined dog ! Can’t fault that ! That’s the kind I like Hopefully the whole litter is like that

8. KyBrushBuster

I thought so too Lt. She filled out fast but hasn't swelled much in the last week. I'm starting to think she may only have a couple, which is fine for her first litter.

9. LtELmer

MY MOLLY had 3 both times but was bigger than that but she may have more and smaller pups

10. KyBrushBuster

Kash is small framed and I made sure not to over feed her during the pregnancy. I could feel a couple lumps moving around last night so I think there is atleast 2. Can't wait to find out!

11. TaterNort

TaterNort Well-Known Member

From your videos i like the way your dogs run, and looks like they complement each other very well.

12. KyBrushBuster

Thanks Tater! They made a killer team last season and all through the summer. This was the day I really started considering the idea of breeding them together.

Kash was still young at the time but he proved himself as a rabbit dog on this hunt. My old dog Cupcake was still hitting on all cylinders at the time and could drive one pretty strong. Kash fell right in with her and they traded licks all morning and Sis was right there to keep them honest. The rabbits were running huge circles through the swamp and jungle thickets that morning. By the last rabbit I was ready to take a break so I set on a rock pile and waited. 5 times he came burning past and 5 times I let him go. On the 6th circle he ran up and stopped offering the shot I'd been waiting for. On the way out we kicked up another that the dogs didn't see. I tried to steer them away from the line and Sis jumped the one in the video. I stood there soaking in the morning sun and thanked God for such a fine morning! Man what a day!!!

T.Hatcher, 5 Solas, Circle4p and 7 others like this.
  13. TaterNort

TaterNort Well-Known Member

That's a great video. Definitely a good looking pack.

T.Hatcher, 5 Solas, Circle4p and 4 others like this.
  14. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

michigan
    Ky- better fix and reinforce the whole pen/doghouse. With Sis she is just doing what she is bred for, impressive. She says "screw the frisbee" I want more of a challenge.
    She looks good my guess 4-5 pups. Let us know how she is doing when she whelps.