COVID - 19 & Vitamin D

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by marshall dillon, Sep 19, 2020.

1. marshall dillon

marshall dillon Well-Known Member

Virginia
    After hearing about Circle4p wife testing positive for Covid-19 I thought I would share this with y’all , for what it is worth .

I saw a YouTube video of a study done in Israel on vitamin D and Covid - 19 . It showed people with low levels of vitamin D were more like to get infected and people were more likely to get seriously ill and require hospitalization if your vitamin D level is low .

With the colder weather coming on and maybe getting less vitamin D from the sun , I started taking a vitamin D supplement .

2. benham

benham Active Member

kentucky
    My wife must have seen the same video on vitamin D , her and all her friends are taking them , can’t hurt that’s for sure .

3. Ken James

Ken James Active Member

MS.
    Yes sir tis true. About 10 years ago my old country Dr. put me on Vitamin D-3 and it helped me avoid the sniffles all the time and now my young country Dr. says keep taking D-3 to be healthy as it serves as a preventative.

4. Circle4p

Circle4p Well-Known Member

Alabama
    She takes it every day. She also works in a Drs office. The office manager was getting sick, her husband tested positive but the manager wouldn’t get tested. They hospitalized her last night her suger levels got to 700 and she didn’t know who she was or where she was at. That’s the office manager not my wife.

5. mattdog

mattdog Well-Known Member

WV
    I’ve had my staff stay home just because their significant other was being tested , not even waiting for the test result. Just not right what happened there.

6. Rabbitfootforme

Rabbitfootforme Well-Known Member

Hope your wife doesn't get it Circle... That is crazy... Prayers your way... I see she already had it... I was reading in circles....

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    T.Hatcher and Circle4p like this.
  7. Robert L. Dunn

Robert L. Dunn Well-Known Member

My curiosity has been aroused by this Vitamin D thing. Does it require a subscription or can it be bought over the counter?

T.Hatcher and Circle4p like this.
  8. Circle4p

Circle4p Well-Known Member

Alabama
    Over the counter

T.Hatcher likes this.