Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing a few searches and I never came up with an exact dosage. I've read dose sulmet at 2cc per 10 lbs, 1.5 cc per 5lbs, 1 ounce per gallon of water. Has anyone ever came up with a reliable working dosage?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
As a preventative, I put two caps to a gallon of water fresh each day for pups and mom. Only water source until 16 wks.

As a treatment, I mix with dynes in the ratio of 2oz of sulmet with 3oz of dynes ( i need vary ratios). 1ml to 4 or 5#, five days in a row.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hey Carl this is what I use:

I use a prevention treatment on all my pups about every two to three weeks until 6 months
old. I give them Di-Methox 12.5% solution mixed with Dyne. Di-methox 12.5% is the exact
same thing as Albon 12.5%, but is much cheaper. Dyne is a high calorie liquid dietary
supplement that will help increase the pups energy much quicker. I mix 5 ounces of Dyne to
4 ounces of Di-Methox 12.5%. This mixture produces the same thing you will get from the
vet called Albon 5%, but will be getting it without a prescription and at a much cheaper
price. For prevention I give 2.5cc or 1/2 teaspoon per 5 pounds (5 cc/1 teaspoon per 10
pounds) by mouth once a day for 5 days. If a pup has the coccidia he must be treated for
14 to 21 days by giving the same dosage as above.
All this can be bought at the local feed store

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Correction treatment ratios are 5oz dynes to 4 oz of sulmet, it will give you 5% albon (rx) solution. Beagle Unlimited had a great article if you need more details .

Rev

·
Registered
448 Posts
I use corid or sulmet which will attack & kill coccidia. Albon only helps pups build up antibodies & some individuals do not build these antibodies, therefore, they get sick & sometimes die. I read this from a Vet. school study.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Sulmet dosage

Rev Arnold has the dosage correct !!!!!! I use sulmet on my pups until 16 weeks at 2 cap fulls to a gallon of water.

Haven't used Corrid.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, we a have litter that will turn 4 weeks on Tuesday. I was trying to see how very one else done it. I basically have mixed 1 ounce of sulmet per 1 gallon of drinking water.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I use Sulmet at 2 tbls per gallon for preventative.
That is the way I mix it.
I read some information on the net that said pups were suseptable to coccidia for the first twelve weeks. When I wean them I keep it in their drinkng water until they are twelve weeks old.

·
Registered
699 Posts
But if you give it to them mixed in the dyne you know they are getting every bit of it, in water they may or may not. I dont mix anything in water because you cant control the dose.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Just for curiousity/conversation do yall treat every litter of pups or just the ones born/weaned in the warmer months?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
FB

Every litter, from the time the gyp whelps. Fresh water given every day. I mix a gallon of water with 2 caps full of sulmet daily, dump the old and fill fresh morning and evening if needed. So when the pups start to drink its their only water source. Pups are raised in above ground brooders. And I don't put pups on the ground with other dogs until all shots are in around 3 1/2 mths old.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
But if you give it to them mixed in the dyne you know they are getting every bit of it, in water they may or may not. I dont mix anything in water because you cant control the dose.
The comany indicates that it can be safely and with reliable results to put in their drinking water. I've been using it for over ten years and haven't had a problem.

I don't know if cold weather kills coccidia but I have a three pups now, six weeks old, that are drinking Sulmet treated water.

·
Registered
403 Posts
But if you give it to them mixed in the dyne you know they are getting every bit of it, in water they may or may not.
I treat all litters and give it to them with dyne. I'm with gunslinger on this one, in that you know every one of them gets it for sure. :up:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use corid or sulmet which will attack & kill coccidia. Albon only helps pups build up antibodies & some individuals do not build these antibodies, therefore, they get sick & sometimes die. I read this from a Vet. school study.
What’s ur dosage for corrid 9.6

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca
I think you mean 96 mg per ml, if it is a 9.6% solution.
The dose I find is 100 mg ( which would be about 1ml or 1cc) in small puppies, daily for 7 to 12 days.
200 mg (2 ml/cc) for large puppies for 7 to 12 days.
300 to 400 mg (3 to 4 ml/cc) in dogs daily for 7 to 12 days.
I hope it helps.
Ask Your Own Dog Veterinary Question

3 to 4 ml in a dog, would it be in 15 to 25 lbs

ml and cc are the same thing

I also have used 2 caps full to a gallon of water for preventitive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts