Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some beagles in the past that were colored like a catahoula and others that had brindle stripes like a plott hound. Is this just some type of incidental coloring or a certain type of beagle breed that is supposed to be that way?

Roger

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I have never seen one that color find us some pics so I can look. My neighbors got a brindle pit bull, maybe I'll breed one of my gypps to him this summer. Look out rabbits, ya'll are in big trouble.:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I had some pictures to show you surely I'm not the only one to have seen these before. As a matter of fact 3 years ago I owned a tri-colored male that was brindle color everywhere he had tan coloring.

Roger

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I had some pictures to show you surely I'm not the only one to have seen these before. As a matter of fact 3 years ago I owned a tri-colored male that was brindle color everywhere he had tan coloring.

Roger
My wife corrected me it was a female named Streak.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
that first time i seen one that color you sure it not part bull dog
I'm with you crossroads. Looks like he's got a little english bulldog in him. LOL.
That truly is a good looking dog. Now Roger, I believe it. Not only that, but I'd kindda like to have one. :headscratch:
Did you ever get any pups out of this dog colored like this?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The guy I bought her from had pups out of her but I didn't try to raise any. I have only seen 3 or 4 colored like this myself. She was a good little rabbit dog too! I bought her because she could find a rabbit and run it.

Roger

1 - 13 of 13 Posts