Color Question

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by RKW, Feb 18, 2010.

1. RKW

RKW Active Member

I have seen some beagles in the past that were colored like a catahoula and others that had brindle stripes like a plott hound. Is this just some type of incidental coloring or a certain type of beagle breed that is supposed to be that way?

Roger

2. I have never seen one that color find us some pics so I can look. My neighbors got a brindle pit bull, maybe I'll breed one of my gypps to him this summer. Look out rabbits, ya'll are in big trouble.:thumb::thumb:

3. RKW

RKW Active Member

I wish I had some pictures to show you surely I'm not the only one to have seen these before. As a matter of fact 3 years ago I owned a tri-colored male that was brindle color everywhere he had tan coloring.

Roger

4. I don't believe it without seeing it.:D

5. RKW

RKW Active Member

My wife corrected me it was a female named Streak.

6. RKW

RKW Active Member

I'm trying to post a picture for you but I don't know if will work.

Roger

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  7. RKW

RKW Active Member

Now you can see!

Roger

8. that first time i seen one that color you sure it not part bull dog

9. RKW

RKW Active Member

Another look!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  10. cdp

cdp New Member

never seen one like that.

11. I'm with you crossroads. Looks like he's got a little english bulldog in him. LOL.
    That truly is a good looking dog. Now Roger, I believe it. Not only that, but I'd kindda like to have one. :headscratch:
    Did you ever get any pups out of this dog colored like this?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  12. RKW

RKW Active Member

The guy I bought her from had pups out of her but I didn't try to raise any. I have only seen 3 or 4 colored like this myself. She was a good little rabbit dog too! I bought her because she could find a rabbit and run it.

Roger

13. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

sure looks beagle but never seen one quite marked that way