Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like the Alyce clover I planted on the new lanes I had pushed is starting to pop up. I hope there is a good stand on all of the lanes. I rode through the grassed lanes right at dark last night and counted 9 rabbits. The food supply and habitat should keep them producing. I will try to remember to take my camera with me to get a few pics of the place and maybe even some rabbits.

Roger

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like some gps coordinates of the rabbits, I'll bring my hot air balloon and meet you in an hour.
Blev, Pick up Rob and Keith and some of those Blackcreeks on the way down and if the wind picks up and you start to pass by the coordinates don't worry I'll bring you right on down with that old crooked barrel 20 ga. lol We can patch the hole and you can catch a good south wind home after the race. Oh and not to worry I promise I won't miss. I've been practicing. :whistle: :clap:

Roger

·
Registered
808 Posts
that sounds good if blev pick us up ..but i thougth he was to busy fishing for that fish fry that he was going to have for us roger

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that sounds good if blev pick us up ..but i thougth he was to busy fishing for that fish fry that he was going to have for us roger
Keith, I didn't about the fish fry, or maybe I wasn't supposed to know. :whistle: You know how Blev is always picking at me lol he probably was going to RSVP just his buddies.:clap: However, if you can get him to bring the fish in the balloon I will furnish the cooker, taters, and hushpuppies. :up: Man I can already smell those fish cooking!

Roger

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Blev, Pick up Rob and Keith and some of those Blackcreeks on the way down and if the wind picks up and you start to pass by the coordinates don't worry I'll bring you right on down with that old crooked barrel 20 ga. lol We can patch the hole and you can catch a good south wind home after the race. Oh and not to worry I promise I won't miss. I've been practicing. :whistle: :clap:

Roger
Patch the hole?:headscratch: We all seen how you shoot last year. I bet we would be somewhere around Tokyo before you even got close.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Buy you a 5lb block of Minerial lick and break it into pieces and throw it in the thick cover between the watering hole and Food source. That will help with the producing power of the rabbits.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buy you a 5lb block of Minerial lick and break it into pieces and throw it in the thick cover between the watering hole and Food source. That will help with the producing power of the rabbits.
Thanks David, I put out 50lbs. of white salt that I broke into pieces but it is all gone so I will put out mineral block now.
Thanks'

Roger

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I've got a 5 acre spot that I want to build a starting pen on that has a couple of patches of clover I am going to try to keep them going. I do know rabbit love clover

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got a 5 acre spot that I want to build a starting pen on that has a couple of patches of clover I am going to try to keep them going. I do know rabbit love clover

Jeff they do love the clover and I too am trying to keep the natural spots growing. I have 81 1/2 acres total and rabbits are from one end to the other but I only hunt about the back 40 where the habitat is very good and I can keep the lanes like I want them. There are some rabbits that come out around the yard ( about 3 acres ) that my wife and look for everyday. I never run these rabbit just watch them feed and lay around.

The Alyce clover I planted this year has to be replanted yearly so I will be trying to plant some next year that will renew annually along with some other cover crop. The lanes that run east and west have plenty of sun but the north to south lanes are more shaded so I need to figure out something different for them. Do you have any ideas for a shaded lane?

Roger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts