Rabbit Dogs banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Ya gotta give it up already, you believe everything they tell ya, vaccine, climate change, ect. I'm not trying to be a a$$ , but seriously. The earth has warmed and cooled since the beginning. It was tropical at one time, then it cooled, ice ages,ect. now it's warming back up. You said your definitely voting Democrat, how much more disaster do you really believe our country can take. Open boarders, fuel prices ( they didn't raise but did lower .lol ) the economy. I don't hate ya, would love to run hounds with ya even, but, you gotta turn the TV off and seriously look around, the wool over your eyes is thick..sorry if I offended anyone...Ed

is that what they told you on cnn...lol
BO: I don’t need TV to tell me things are happening. I can see things changing in my little neck of the woods….later frosts, milder winters, earlier springs, more rainfall throughout the year, heat waves, etc. Having access to TV, paper and Internet information just gives us a worldwide perspective. If you don’t see it yourself, in time you will.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Explain how trends over time are not made up of single events please.
There is, in my opinion, nothing wrong with the world doing better with conservation of wilderness and water. And we have. I remember when rivers would catch fire. It is not as bad now as it was.
I have left game habitat around my farms for years. Rain forest should be preserved and with that farming practices improved to feed the population. That is nearly impossible in some places. I have seen crops die from drought and flood all my life and it is not much different now than it ever was. God made some land for farming and some not for farming. Building houses on farm land is stupid.
Some of us have been doing what we could pretty much all our lives. Before it became a liberal talking point.
Call it climate or weather the cure if there is one, is to be found on the land. We need to quit selling land to the Chinese for solar farms. We need to reduce the need for energy not just add something else and create new pollution we have not had before. Why do we need Walmart's full of Chinese crap that is not worth carrying home. Men need to get a garden for wives to dig in and keep them out of wal mart.
We have to stop scalping the Earth for more condos.
This EV thing that is supposed to save mankind is just more of the same money making scams by the same people as always. Are we really going to keep buying from the Chinese. They have positioned themselves to bleed us dry with the mining of elements for batteries creating who knows what kind of poison for the future. The EV people in this country are the same group of billionaires that have done more to get us in this mess than anyone.
Nothing I have seen proposed yet will amount to a hill of beans.
Wringing of hands don't get the job done. Finding ways of sound conservation will over time.
I doubt it will ever happen though. No money to be made.
The easiest way to fight climate change is the way God laid it out to work in the beginning. It's the only thing that will work.
These groups that claim to be conservators of the Earth do more damage than good. They may be well meaning but they don't know anything about the land or how to tend it.
Hunters and fishermen have done more to fight climate change than any other group. We use the land responsibly (most of us) and have invested millions in ammo tax and licenses.
There is a lot of things that can be done that's not being done because people are being led by the nose to invest in foolish endeavors. Building big fans. Look up. Do you really think we can build a fan big enough to run all that through?
It's frustrating to listen to the liberals be holier than thou when some of us have been trying to get people to pay attention for years.
I have seen some of the best farm land anywhere covered with houses. It will almost bring tears.
Sam Kinison on the hunger problem.- The bit is under Sam Kinison site, check it out.The comedian Sam Kinison had a bit about the desert, he was always talking loud, he stated why are the missionaries taking food to the people in the desert. Get a truck and move where the food grows,”it’s a f-in desert, nothing will grow there, it’s a f-ing desert, bit lasted for 2-3 minutes, it‘s very funny. Think about it why try to grow crops in the desert. Just saying, JMHO (y) 😂

·
Registered
424 Posts
I’ve read many these posts & there is some truth in everyone of them but I hope you take the time to read the real truth , I hope you take the time to read it & research it like you do with many other things,so here goes . First I’d encourage you to read all of St. Mark chapter 4 , but in verses 35 thru 41 you’ll find Jesus & his disciples are in a storm, a big one. The fact is we’re going to face many storms in life, weather, illness, financial, poor leadership from politics you can pick it. But my hope is you realize Jesus is the answer to the storms, even after all the miracles that his disciples had saw him preform, they still didn’t understand who He is. You see they were looking for a king instead of looking for a Savior, the Bible says “ there’s nothing new under the sun” that’s truth. In those last few verses you see Jesus was in the mist of the storm with them & ask them in verse 40 Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith? Another truth is yes the weather & storms are getting more frequent & in places severe. The answer to this is found in St. Matthew chapter 24. His disciples asked Him , what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? In verse 4 thru the end of the chapter Jesus tells them, I’d encourage you to read it & then look around and see if we are not seeing & living in this time? In verse 7 He talks about racial unrest, pestilence, earthquakes in different places,in verse 11 He speaks of false prophets & many being deceived, verse 12 , the love of many waxing cold, he also warns in verse19 about those with child, “abortion “, in verse 36 He warns no man knoweth the day or the hour of His coming, but we see the signs all around us? Some will say yes & this has been going on for a long time, & some of it has. That’s because God is long suffering toward us & wants no man to perish , but have everlasting life through believe in His Son Jesus Christ. Look at this as the birth of a child, it’s the frequency of & the intensity of the pain that signals the birth, it be same with Jesus’s return. Lastly, in the book of Revelation, chapter 21 in verse 8 it says this “But the fearful and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers , and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” It my hope & prayer some will take the time to read God’s Word, When I read this verse in Revelation initially it troubled me that the fearful & unbelieving would be listed before some of the evil we all see , but the reason is I think there is more of these type folks than there are of the others? Trust Jesus, He’s our Savior, our hope. Troubles of life will come but He’ll go right through it with you, Amen

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I don't understand how a person can tell the climate has changed.
A mans life is such a spark of time compared to the climate how can a man know anything for sure other than he could say after a long life that the weather seems like it is different.
Because some of us live in places where it is changing fast enough we can see it. It has changed enough to notice in the last 20 years, and is accelerating. But it doesn’t change at the same rate in all parts of the country/world. If you live somewhere there has not been much change (yet), you might be oblivious. But all you have to do is turn on the news and then it’s already a main topic every night.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Because some of us live in places where it is changing fast enough we can see it. It has changed enough to notice in the last 20 years, and is accelerating. But it doesn’t change at the same rate in all parts of the country/world. If you live somewhere there has not been much change (yet), you might be oblivious. But all you have to do is turn on the news and then it’s already a main topic every night.
Huntsman I respect you. Your a brilliant mind in the beagle world and a man that stands for what he believes in. However I personally don’t believe a thing I see on the news or the internet. Lol. I also respect others opinions/views regardless if they differ from mine or not. It’s what makes the world go around. You do what’s best for you and your thoughts/beliefs. Figure out how to respect another man for his thoughts/beliefs. Love God. No need to dig at everyone that has a thought/belief that doesn’t line up with yours.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·

You are fooling yourself.
How can climate change affect some places and not others. The climate means the whole world is changed.
What you describe is weather by your own definition.

Of course it is on the news. Come on man.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Some places simply are not seeing much of a noticeable change as yet. Much of the US mid-south has not yet changed much at all, for example. It’s easy to be a non-believer there, unless you pay attention to what is happening elsewhere.

The world is changing, but in different ways in different regions. Here in Ohio, for example, our weather is predicted to continue to get warmer and wetter, giving us a climate similar in 2050 to what Arkansas is today. But comparing that to what will happen (is already happening) to California, and you see the effects there are very different from Ohio.

Climate Change: Regional Impacts | Center for Science Education

We broke down what climate change will do, region by region

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Some places simply are not seeing much of a noticeable change as yet. Much of the US mid-south has not yet changed much at all, for example. It’s easy to be a non-believer there, unless you pay attention to what is happening elsewhere.

The world is changing, but in different ways in different regions. Here in Ohio, for example, our weather is predicted to continue to get warmer and wetter, giving us a climate similar in 2050 to what Arkansas is today. But comparing that to what will happen (is already happening) to California, and you see the effects there are very different from Ohio.

Climate Change: Regional Impacts | Center for Science Education

We broke down what climate change will do, region by region
Both were interesting reads, with eye-opening information. Just saying, JMHO

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
So, with Pelosi visiting Taiwan, North Korea and China are not too happy about her visiting. The nut Bag leader of North Korea is just looking for an excuse to drop nuclear bombs, China, and Russia will follow suit. Our earth is rotating faster for the day, and year, fires, flooding, cost of goods and services higher, we all might want to make sure our bunker is ready to be occupied. Just saying, JMHO

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
We cut the trees down and now we ain't got shade. Sun shines on blacktop and makes heat islands. Well that's new ain't it.
What do you reckon caused bad weather before climate change became the biggest money maker in history.
It would get over 100 in August when I was a boy. It would flood in the same places it floods now.
I have hunted Christmas in shirt sleeves and next Christmas it may be in the teens with a blue snow and wind.
I was out all night helping neighbors when it was 26 below here.
I have seen wet years when blue mold would destroy the tobacco. Not much Christmas that year.
I have seen it so dry tobacco wouldn't get over knee high. No Christmas again.
In 93 it snowed three feet here. Some winters we don't hardly get the grass white. Been this way for the last 60 years I know for a fact.
I was under the impression that water in the west has always been an issue. It's always dry. Sometimes it's really dry then comes rain and floods.

Now water use for crops has increased so much as corporate farms pump ground water for increasing acres in good land but to dry for crops.
Family farms have about become a thing of the past. At one time there was not much danger of total crop failure because crops were grown all over the nation.
As a young man we were told that corporate farms would put family farms out of business. They did. But now it is becoming time to pay the fiddler.
Farming land that is to dry for crops by irrigation is unstainable.
We may get hungry but it will be because of poor management not global warming/climate change/ ect.
Bringing new bugs into the country in containers every year don't help either.
I have seen several species of trees wiped out by non native bugs. Ash/Chestnut/pine for example.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
I just read that FEMA has money to relocate victims of climate change. It seems that folks who built their house on the flood plane are getting flooded every time it floods. Imagine that.
Maybe I been looking at this all wrong. About half of my place floods several times a year. Must be climate change doing it. Anyone know where I can sign up?

·
Premium Member
7,599 Posts
I don’t mean to be unsympathetic are seem uncaring because I care deeply for my fellowman but I believe there are floodplains for a reason and folks/developers should not be able to get permits to build in flood plains nor able to acquire insurance! I know this sounds callas but I think it’s just common sense!! They keep rebuilding back in flood plains and it happens over and over and everyone else pays with higher taxes to fund FEMA and insurance cost.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
When I moved my insurance company would not insure my house . They said that I lived to close to water . I built my house during a time when we had like 3 years of record heavy rain . My property never flooded . I am not in a valley or flood plain . There has never been any flooding in this area . I am about a 15 minutes from one river and 10 minutes from another river that runs to the Chesapeake Bay . They would still insure my cars , just not my house . I dropped them .

I agree I feel bad for everyone that lost their lives , family members and property . I agree with paying for loses the first time , but if you build back in a flood area , then the next time it should be on you IMO .

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
You are fooling yourself.
How can climate change affect some places and not others. The climate means the whole world is changed.
What you describe is weather by your own definition.

Of course it is on the news. Come on man.
If a Liberal believes it, it has to be true. Feelings are more important than facts!

The current official highest registered air temperature on Earth is 56.7 °C (134.1 °F), recorded on 10 July 1913 at Furnace Creek Ranch, in Death Valley in the United States.

The edicts of Al Gore are more important that history.

I hereby declare the term Climate Scam is dead. It's now Climate Sting. A Scam is when you trick a person into giving his money or work. He eventually realizes it was a Scam.

A Climate Sting is when a person has been fooled into believing giving their money and labor is beneficial to themselves.
Al Gore, Barack Obama and the gang have been so successful in running the Climate Sting, they make Paul Newman and Robert Redford appear as amateurs.
Of Course Paul and Robert did not have the Mainstream Media selling the Sting for them.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
If a Liberal believes it, it has to be true. Feelings are more important than facts!

The current official highest registered air temperature on Earth is 56.7 °C (134.1 °F), recorded on 10 July 1913 at Furnace Creek Ranch, in Death Valley in the United States.

The edicts of Al Gore are more important that history.

I hereby declare the term Climate Scam is dead. It's now Climate Sting. A Scam is when you trick a person into giving his money or work. He eventually realizes it was a Scam.

A Climate Sting is when a person has been fooled into believing giving their money and labor is beneficial to themselves.
Al Gore, Barack Obama and the gang have been so successful in running the Climate Sting, they make Paul Newman and Robert Redford appear as amateurs.
Of Course Paul and Robert did not have the Mainstream Media selling the Sting for them.
Addi, there are countries and people in every part of the globe working on initiatives to address the impacts of Climate Change. Some countries are way ahead of the U.S., others behind. Regardless, I will assume you think the U.S. Democrats are behind it all. A foolish stance to take, if you do. Climate change is real, it’s happening mostly as predicted, and it’s here now, and has been accelerating for decades. It remains to be seen how we deal with its impact on our lives, and those of the generations to follow us.

I applaud the Democrats in our House and Senate who are fighting to introduce the most sweeping climate legislation to date, and expect/hope there will be more to come. All the Republicans can talk about are the taxes and spending, but when the world is facing such a crisis, we cannot just do nothing, as they would prefer. Sad to see our country so divided on an issue so important. Really sad.

161 - 180 of 307 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.