Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
About Kentucky….

Kentucky: At least 25 dead in worst Appalachia floods for years

From the report….
Kentucky, like other parts of the world, has seen the impact of more frequent extreme weather events. The state has seen more inches of rain outside the historical average in the last 10 years, according to date from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Bill Haneberg, a climate expert and the state's geologist, said this rainfall event is "extraordinary" for Kentucky.

He added that the increases in the amount of rainfall over the years are consistent with what experts have predicted for the region - that Kentucky's climate would become hotter and wetter due to climate change.

The historic flooding comes as the state recovers from the deadliest tornadoes in its history, which killed more than 70 in December 2021.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
I am really sorry for the folks in Ky and else where that the weather has hurt in property or life.

As for climate. It washed away part of eastern Ky. That might be weather.
If it washed away a large part of East of the Mississippi river then that might be climate.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I am really sorry for the folks in Ky and else where that the weather has hurt in property or life.

As for climate. It washed away part of eastern Ky. That might be weather.
If it washed away a large part of East of the Mississippi river then that might be climate.
No, weather is a single event. Climate is the trend toward more and more severe events. When Mr Blankenship said the other day he has seen three 100 year floods since 2002 in SW Virginia, that’s climate change at work. What has been a gradual change is accelerating.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I do not remember so many worldwide catastrophic events simultaneously in my lifetime. And hurricane season has not really taken off yet.

Forecasters hold outlook for 2022 hurricane season steady -Colorado State
We have 24 hr news on a dozen channels. We have social media 24 hr a day. Local news is at an all time low in quality. Half of local News is taken from Youtube videos. When there is a major storm anywhere, between DC and Shanghai, its covered for days.
I remember in 1957, Hurricane Audrey went ashore in in Cameron, Louisiana. 500 people lost their lives. Trees were blown down in North Louisiana.
Actually, according to the weather experts, we are having less Hurricanes. We have more property damage and loss of life because of the denser population and more homes built in risky locations.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Well it's bad for those who live there. I know the church used to take up collections for those flooded out in SW Va when I was a young man.
People from here used to go up and help with the clean up.
Hundred year storms are rough.
I worked hundred year storms all over the south east. Rain snow ice wind.
It can all be devastating.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
We have 24 hr news on a dozen channels. We have social media 24 hr a day. Local news is at an all time low in quality. Half of local News is taken from Youtube videos. When there is a major storm anywhere, between DC and Shanghai, its covered for days.
I remember in 1957, Hurricane Audrey went ashore in in Cameron, Louisiana. 500 people lost their lives. Trees were blown down in North Louisiana.
Actually, according to the weather experts, we are having less Hurricanes. We have more property damage and loss of life because of the denser population and more homes built in risky locations.
And because the hurricanes are gaining in strength because of warmer ocean waters. Hurricane Ida from last August is an example. Came into the Gulf at 85 mph winds, strengthening over the warm gulf water, then slamming into Louisiana at 140 mph. This is what experts expect to see more often as the oceans continue to absorb heat from the atmosphere.
Ida Strengthened Quickly Into a Monster. Here’s How.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Another weather disaster is the Wildfires out west, they are bigger,burning thousands of acres, the mid-west has been hit, Texas as well, I think Florida had one as well. Just saying, JMHO :oops: 🌲🌿

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,508 Posts
cant remember where i read it----BUT a study showed that areas get approximately the same amount of moisture either in rain or snow------
these earth shattering tragedies have happened for hundreds of years----we just never had knowledge of them because there was no coverage like we have now-----if it happens anywhere in the world, we know it in minutes

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
cant remember where i read it----BUT a study showed that areas get approximately the same amount of moisture either in rain or snow------
these earth shattering tragedies have happened for hundreds of years----we just never had knowledge of them because there was no coverage like we have now-----if it happens anywhere in the world, we know it in minutes

California is suffering from a 26 year drought, causing huge fires, water shortages, etc. The City of Las Vegas is installing new water intakes and pumps at Lake Mead at a cost of over $1 billion because the old intake system will soon be too high for the dropping water levels. Lake Mead has fallen to 25-30% of capacity, mostly in the last 20+ years. There are concerns the water will get too low for the dam to produce the electricity it supplies for millions.

Most areas west of the Mississippi are seeing drought in some form. Even way up in the Dakotas farmers are selling cattle because of dry pastures and weak hay yields. Some expect drought to spread into our southern states. Monarch butterflies are rapidly disappearing because of several factors, most notably the changes in climate that is disrupting their migrations, and the increased rainfall in their Mexican wintering areas.

There are many examples of how rainfall and snowfall patterns are rapidly changing, and what this causes all around the world. Some areas are getting more, but a lot of areas are getting less. And there are areas where it’s about the same, for now. You cannot dismiss what is happening by saying it’s just because we have better news available to us than ever before. That is true, but it’s also true we are facing a worldwide climate crisis on a huge scale.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
It rains some places and some places not.
Has to be climate change.
Western states never had water issues before. Got to be climate change.
Hot in July. Now there is an unusual occurrence.
If something is not now done right now it may get cold this winter.
They need to hurry with the 3 BILLION dollar fan they are building to strain carbon out of the atmosphere.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
It rains some places and some places not.
Has to be climate change.
Western states never had water issues before. Got to be climate change.
Hot in July. Now there is an unusual occurrence.
If something is not now done right now it may get cold this winter.
They need to hurry with the 3 BILLION dollar fan they are building to strain carbon out of the atmosphere.
If a Pompei event happened today it would be blamed on "Climate Change. The same with "Krakatoa". It completely vanished due to a volcanic event.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
If a Pompei event happened today it would be blamed on "Climate Change. The same with "Krakatoa". It completely vanished due to a volcanic event.
Climate change results from trends over time, not from single events, although a volcanic eruption could affect climate for a period of time until the ash settles out of the atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Explain how trends over time are not made up of single events please.
There is, in my opinion, nothing wrong with the world doing better with conservation of wilderness and water. And we have. I remember when rivers would catch fire. It is not as bad now as it was.
I have left game habitat around my farms for years. Rain forest should be preserved and with that farming practices improved to feed the population. That is nearly impossible in some places. I have seen crops die from drought and flood all my life and it is not much different now than it ever was. God made some land for farming and some not for farming. Building houses on farm land is stupid.
Some of us have been doing what we could pretty much all our lives. Before it became a liberal talking point.
Call it climate or weather the cure if there is one, is to be found on the land. We need to quit selling land to the Chinese for solar farms. We need to reduce the need for energy not just add something else and create new pollution we have not had before. Why do we need Walmart's full of Chinese crap that is not worth carrying home. Men need to get a garden for wives to dig in and keep them out of wal mart.
We have to stop scalping the Earth for more condos.
This EV thing that is supposed to save mankind is just more of the same money making scams by the same people as always. Are we really going to keep buying from the Chinese. They have positioned themselves to bleed us dry with the mining of elements for batteries creating who knows what kind of poison for the future. The EV people in this country are the same group of billionaires that have done more to get us in this mess than anyone.
Nothing I have seen proposed yet will amount to a hill of beans.
Wringing of hands don't get the job done. Finding ways of sound conservation will over time.
I doubt it will ever happen though. No money to be made.
The easiest way to fight climate change is the way God laid it out to work in the beginning. It's the only thing that will work.
These groups that claim to be conservators of the Earth do more damage than good. They may be well meaning but they don't know anything about the land or how to tend it.
Hunters and fishermen have done more to fight climate change than any other group. We use the land responsibly (most of us) and have invested millions in ammo tax and licenses.
There is a lot of things that can be done that's not being done because people are being led by the nose to invest in foolish endeavors. Building big fans. Look up. Do you really think we can build a fan big enough to run all that through?
It's frustrating to listen to the liberals be holier than thou when some of us have been trying to get people to pay attention for years.
I have seen some of the best farm land anywhere covered with houses. It will almost bring tears.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
A nice parcel of land can be made into a pricey subdivision with the wink of an eye. The earth is over populated, along with the climate changing, floods, fires, loss of crops due to the weather, seasonal changes,………………..people having to migrate from their homeland to seek a better life. These changes affect everyone that has to deal with the decline of man made or environmental disasters.

The world is run by the international bankers comprising the elite rich to format the way governments are run, policies and procedures to mold the common individuals into accept the change without conflict, one super power, one type of currency as examples…………. The new world order???????
Just saying, JMHO o_O

·
Registered
52 Posts
Really good article discussing where we are and where we are likely headed. You who are in denial may want to skip this.

Heat waves: The worst is yet to come
Ya gotta give it up already, you believe everything they tell ya, vaccine, climate change, ect. I'm not trying to be a a$$ , but seriously. The earth has warmed and cooled since the beginning. It was tropical at one time, then it cooled, ice ages,ect. now it's warming back up. You said your definitely voting Democrat, how much more disaster do you really believe our country can take. Open boarders, fuel prices ( they didn't raise but did lower .lol ) the economy. I don't hate ya, would love to run hounds with ya even, but, you gotta turn the TV off and seriously look around, the wool over your eyes is thick..sorry if I offended anyone...Ed
The sand some of you have your heads buried in will get hotter and hotter as the world temperatures continue to rise from human induced climate change. :oops:
is that what they told you on cnn...lol

141 - 160 of 307 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.