Rabbit Dogs banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very well said my friend. Anyone that doesn't agree with you are wrong and a conspiracy theorist. And apparently can't think.

HMMMM
I didn't say that, just stated my opinion. Very hard to believe judging by all the polls that this man got more votes than any other president in history, in numerous places even got more votes than there were registered voters. Guess we will find the truth when the Republicans take over in Janurary. I think they will even let the Dems. Have a defense unlike Jan. 6 committee.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nuuk, Greenland temps in 50s or 60s (Fahrenheit) every day for the past week. That melts centuries old glaciers very rapidly. Gore’s prediction of sea level rise is happening and will get much much worse. Just one of many issues of climate change.
I will give you credit Huntsman, you would argue with a fence post, Lol. Just remember you can't go around bad mouthing people and then get mad when they give it back to you. This is all a waste of time, ain't nobody gonna change their minds, just a peeing contest.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I will give you credit Huntsman, you would argue with a fence post, Lol. Just remember you can't go around bad mouthing people and then get mad when they give it back to you. This is all a waste of time, ain't nobody gonna change their minds, just a peeing contest.
Kinda hard for anyone to argue against climate change these days. The facts are what they are. And it is affecting us in ways we sometimes don’t even realize.

I was reading this morning about the northward spread of the white-footed mouse, which historically was a southern species but has in recent years expanded its range as far north as Quebec. Warmer winters allow more mice to survive and expand their ranges. With the mice come ticks, and mice are natural carriers of Lyme disease bacteria.

I sold some young hounds and puppies to some Vermont beaglers years ago. One of the guys used to tell me he would hate living where there were ticks. Now they have ticks too, certainly at least in part as a result of warmer winter temperatures.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,508 Posts
Kinda hard for anyone to argue against climate change these days. The facts are what they are. And it is affecting us in ways we sometimes don’t even realize.

I was reading this morning about the northward spread of the white-footed mouse, which historically was a southern species but has in recent years expanded its range as far north as Quebec. Warmer winters allow more mice to survive and expand their ranges. With the mice come ticks, and mice are natural carriers of Lyme disease bacteria.

I sold some young hounds and puppies to some Vermont beaglers years ago. One of the guys used to tell me he would hate living where there were a lot of ticks. Now they have ticks too, certainly at least in part as a result of warmer winter temperatures.
SOME OF THE WEATHER CHANGE COMES FROM THE GULF STREAM BEING SHIFTED~I recall in the mountains of east ky 4 distinct seasons---now you blend everything in a mild way because the GS has been pushed out of the rugular pathway
animals will migrate-----we now have armadillo (possum on the half shell) fire ants---asian carp------tiger muscle shells----kudzu-----all kinds of different critters
we are doing more damage with plastics than emissions---stripmining without reclaiming the land----water pollution----

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Yes, the trend toward warmer winters is allowing all these southern “creatures” to move up here where we don’t want them! They are seeing alligators as far north as the southern Virginia coast now. You folks down south need to stop sending your critters north! (Except for your good hounds, of course).

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,508 Posts
It takes adjusting~~hunting here is harder than up north---AND when i go thru the mountains i am shocked i was able to racoon hunt that terrain----the only thing constant is change
when i lived in CHICAGO 70 to 80 i saw the biggest possum i have ever seen downtown also red fox and coyote---brought in on boxcars or produce trucks~~the possum was so big i could not catch it by the neck like normal----i had to get it by the tail----i put in down in a stack of used tires at a gas station-----when they found it they thought it was a rat----it attracted the cops and news crew----the cops shot it in the parking lot

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, the trend toward warmer winters is allowing all these southern “creatures” to move up here where we don’t want them! They are seeing alligators as far north as the southern Virginia coast now. You folks down south need to stop sending your critters north! (Except for your good hounds, of course).
Yea, them dang armadillos are everywhere I reckon, I remember in the 70s in S.E. Tn. I was trapping and caught my 1st coyote, fur buyer hadn't bought any and didn't know what to pay for the hide. He brought me an extra $10 next time he came around, said it brought more than he had thought, know they are everywhere. You couldn't find a deer in the 60s and TWRA started stocking them, know can't walk out the door without seeing them, about the same with Turkeys. Rabbits are thinner than they used to be and quail are rare here now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yea, them dang armadillos are everywhere I reckon, I remember in the 70s in S.E. Tn. I was trapping and caught my 1st coyote, fur buyer hadn't bought any and didn't know what to pay for the hide. He brought me an extra $10 next time he came around, said it brought more than he had thought, know they are everywhere. You couldn't find a deer in the 60s and TWRA started stocking them, know can't walk out the door without seeing them, about the same with Turkeys. Rabbits are thinner than they used to be and quail are rare here now.
Looks like I can't tell difference between know and now, my wife and I had covid pneumonia, I blame everything on it, lol.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
SOME OF THE WEATHER CHANGE COMES FROM THE GULF STREAM BEING SHIFTED~I recall in the mountains of east ky 4 distinct seasons---now you blend everything in a mild way because the GS has been pushed out of the rugular pathway
animals will migrate-----we now have armadillo (possum on the half shell) fire ants---asian carp------tiger muscle shells----kudzu-----all kinds of different critters
we are doing more damage with plastics than emissions---stripmining without reclaiming the land----water pollution----

Some of the Weather changes are bogus just like our President

LIVE – Corrupted Climate Stations
6 hours ago

Anthony Watts

26 Comments

Watch Anthony Watts discuss his latest report at NOON CDT

A new bombshell report found that 96% of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) temperature stations produce corrupted data due to purposeful placement in man-made hot spots. These stations fail to meet the published standards deemed “acceptable” by NOAA itself.This nationwide study follows up widespread corruption and heat biases found at NOAA stations in 2009, and the heat-bias distortion problem is even worse now.This report eviscerates the media’s narrative that the Earth is seeing runaway global warming.

Has the Earth warmed over the last 20 years? Yes. Has it warmed to the degree the media claims? No.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
I hoped I would live to see flying cars and it looks like I might have made it. Several companies are making and testing them now. Run about $170,000 they say.
But I just thought of something. Will this mean we will have to worry about one coming through the roof at any time?
How they going to enforce drunk driving now?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,508 Posts
Floods, drought, fires, heat waves all at the same time, in America as well as around the world. This is 2022. What will it be like in 2050 and beyond?
You will find the answers to those question in the book of revelations. GOD is sick of man’s perverted shenanigans and he is fixing to bury his sandle in some people butt crack

121 - 140 of 307 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.