Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Jai Diggs owns Snoop.
Snoop is smooth, medium speed and slots up runs anywhere in a pack.
Real close in the check.
Real good HUNT
Good Nose.
Big chop mouth.
Runs all the line. No Hooking or Skirting or extra mouth.
Works well with others.
Not a trash Runner.

I started Snoop and then he was sent back to me at 14 months old and I ran him hard for a month with all speeds of very good hounds. Couldn't rattle him or make him cut up. Snoop had littermates with lic wins and places. His litter was nice.

I bred to him 8 or 9 times I don't remember because of his dam.

I owned his dam till her death. (Honey Island Spongy) Outstanding bitch with everything. One of the best hounds I ever owned. Spongy's sire FC Mcnairs Prince was naturally trash proof his whole life, great hunt super gundog to die for.
ATTACH=full]27729[/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jai Diggs owns Snoop.
Snoop is smooth, medium speed and slots up runs anywhere in a pack.
Real close in the check.
Real good HUNT
Good Nose.
Big chop mouth.
Runs all the line. No Hooking or Skirting or extra mouth.
Works well with others.
Not a trash Runner.

I started Snoop and then he was sent back to me at 14 months old and I ran him hard for a month with all speeds of very good hounds. Couldn't rattle him or make him cut up. Snoop had littermates with lic wins and places. His litter was nice.

I bred to him 8 or 9 times I don't remember because of his dam.

I owned his dam till her death. (Honey Island Spongy) Outstanding bitch with everything. One of the best hounds I ever owned. Spongy's sire FC Mcnairs Prince was naturally trash proof his whole life, great hunt super gundog to die for.
ATTACH=full]27729[/ATTACH]
I know this post is a few years old, but I'm looking to get in touch with Mr. Diggs or whoever has Snoop now - My grandfather was Sonny Hale, who owned Nubbin. I'd like to find a dog as close to my grandpa's line as possible, and I was told this dog might be a great start to finding the right dog.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I didn't know your grandfather but he was a tremendous asset to the blackcreek strain of beagles. Good that you are interested in carrying on his great line of rabbit dogs.

Dr. Jai Diggs is a vet in the New Orleans area.

Good luck in your endeavor and Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you! Happy T
I didn't know your grandfather but he was a tremendous asset to the blackcreek strain of beagles. Good that you are interested in carrying on his great line of rabbit dogs.

Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I found him on FB and messaged him - hoping to hear something soon, and looking forward to joining this community!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Mrs Hale, the Spongy dog on Snoops bottom side was owned by Mr Huguet who posted above...
I meant to mention that was another reason I suggested Snoop...his bottom is as good or better than the top...Prince was a true rabbit dog that could trial and kill rabbits with.. and if you look behind him it’s easy to understand why...Jr’s Tboy, anything Bad Bottom, or goes back to Tommy’s Talking Deacon were bred right and crossed with the kind of stuff that made them exceptionally consistent... and still do...and these dogs weren’t just great dogs but produced and produced consistently....

You’ll not find more consistency for a kennel’s foundation in these old dog lines like what’s in Snoop...

And after being out of beagles for over 20 years and dabbling back in it I can attest to it...it’s amazing how well some of these guys kept the line in tact...

·
Registered
11 Posts
See Dr. Jai.
He is as fine a man a Dr. a husband, father, houndsman and a friend as they come. You will make a true friend for life.

You can trust him.

Mitch Huguet
Honey Island Beagles
Mr. Huguet - I just spoke with him! This has been such an amazing and welcoming experience so far, and I am so happy to be able to pick up as close to where my Pa left of as possible. I’d love to connect if you’re willing!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mrs Hale, the Spongy dog on Snoops bottom side was owned by Mr Huguet who posted above...
I meant to mention that was another reason I suggested Snoop...his bottom is as good or better than the top...Prince was a true rabbit dog that could trial and kill rabbits with.. and if you look behind him it’s easy to understand why...Jr’s Toby, anything Bad Bottom, or goes back to Tommy’s Talking Deacon were bred right and crossed with the kind of stuff that made them exceptionally consistent... and still do...and these dogs weren’t just great dogs but produced and produced consistently....

You’ll not find more consistency for a kennel’s foundation in these old dog lines like what’s in Snoop...

And after being out of beagles for over 20 years and dabbling back in it I can attest to it...it’s amazing how well some of these guys kept the line in tact...
I remember my Pa talking about Deacon frequently. I’d love to get in touch with his current line as well. Jai has spoken so highly of all of you

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I’d love to connect if you’re willing!
Sure. Always excited for the opportunity to meet Famous People!

But

If you have already met Mr. Will Messer and Dr. Jai Diggs you are already all the way to the top. Connecting with me would only be a big step down I am afraid.

But

If you still want to.....I will happy to PM you as soon as I can with your permission young lady.

Thank you.

Mitch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts