Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught this little dude down by my chicken pens which is a very dangerous place to be for anything on 4 legs. My chicken dog has free run of the farm and he shows no mercy. If it ain't a chicken hes all in..
I've seen several different batches this year.

·
Super Moderator
6,903 Posts
When you see a good breeding survival season of rabbits, you will also see more snakes, ( which we are) and more predators especially coyotes, fox, bobcats. This is was one of the observations we concluded in our Cyclical Studies in cooperation with Our State and our G&F biologist over the last 20 years. So in order to maintain the good populations in those few years( every 4-7 years depending on weather), you have to step up your predator control programs.

·
Registered
157 Posts
He did better this weekend while we was running the hounds. Usually if he saw a rabbit he would chase it to the next zip code. But this weekend when we scolded him he would sit down and stay by us and let the hounds do the work.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Two of my gyps caught on last Thursday evening. It was bout hand sized. Didn’t know I had a nest out there. Kinda aggravating

1 - 8 of 8 Posts