Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ole girl pumpkin is on her last journey in life. She was a very good rabbit dog (flatcreek, some buckshot Mr bill- typical Northeast breeding) but was a great family pet, not a mean bone in her and was the go to comfort for any of my daughters when they had a rough day, she would nuzzle up to them and give comfort.

She's been off a little for 6 months and almost over night dropped alot of weight. Vet found tumors and more then likely cancerous. It's part of owning a pet and always the hardest.
Here is picture of her in prime , and now, very sad.
Enjoy them while they are healthy, make some great memories.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dog Gene . They have such a short life and when they go it is like losing a family member . I have had to put down some of my dogs and crying so much that it took me 10 minutes before I could drive away from the Vet clinic . My nephew and I had a good young dog that we co owned get run over while we were hunting . He broke down crying there , a few days later it hit me at home one night and I started crying over him . They are truly man’s best friend .

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Gene- sorry for your dog Pumpkin, I feel your pain. CANCER is and can be the destruction of many beagles. I have had numerous dogs that had tumors, mouth, breast and bone cancer. I made their life the best I could until the end has taken their life. Every dog has been buried on our property and a tree planted in remembrance of them. I have cried to many times, going out to the kennel expecting them to come and greet me. It takes some time to get over the loss. What I notice how the other dogs react looking for their playmate and running mate not being there. It effects the other dogs in the kennel as well. Time heals all wounds, with some tears falling as well. JMHO 🐶 😪

·
Registered
142 Posts
My ole girl pumpkin is on her last journey in life. She was a very good rabbit dog (flatcreek, some buckshot Mr bill- typical Northeast breeding) but was a great family pet, not a mean bone in her and was the go to comfort for any of my daughters when they had a rough day, she would nuzzle up to them and give comfort.

She's been off a little for 6 months and almost over night dropped alot of weight. Vet found tumors and more then likely cancerous. It's part of owning a pet and always the hardest.
Here is picture of her in prime , and now, very sad.
Enjoy them while they are healthy, make some great memories.
So very sorry and sad over your beagle's condition. Have faced that same situation and know how much it hurts. Lifting a prayer for you and your family, including Pumpkin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts