Rabbit Dogs banner

Bullocks creek and another line

8K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  cltyus1 
#1 ·
What's the pros and cons of this line. Are they med flat speed dogs with some gears? Do they stay straight like a train and keep the scent/line between their legs.? Check work any good? I did try to reach out to the owner haven't heard back.

Another line I'm inquiry about is bronco Billy? Same questions I'm totally lost

#8 ·
I have always run mine with faster dogs so she has picked up some speed from when she was young. When she started I would have considered her a 5 (usually could follow her at a fast walk) now if Sis is really locked on you better be ready to cover some ground to keep up. She will sit right behind the front runners and make em pay when they over step. I've been thinking about entering her in a gundog brace trial when she comes off these pups. I think she can get some licks in on em!

#10 ·
I have a male & female ( she is off son of smoke & Bullocks’s Creek Bell). To me they are medium speed. The female hunts better, both close on the line, don’t cold trail but will bark before they jump ( after opening would say rabbit is up not long after), the female will hang up some on a hard check. Both will solo their own rabbit.

#19 ·
Bowguy 1, how old is Bell. That is a pedigree worth starting a pack with. The cross of Star R and Bullocks Creek was a great fit. I watched Double M's Cocoa Bear run from a derby to a FC. He had a great nose, excellent line control, and could cut your dog to pieces from the second dog to middle of the pack. At one time Mike Reynolds owned Cocoa Bear and Star R Southern Sonny. I could have bought Sonny for $600 but thought it was to high. Both hounds finished and are now both HOF hounds. Sonny was a great producer as well. One of his pups, Trimble Hill Rooster finished and stayed small. I bought him as a FC and another male off of Sonny. The other male finished as well. I sold him before he finished because he was big.

#22 ·
She just turned 8. She’s been bred a few times. Fellow I got her from was sick n since passed w cancer. He was a really nice guy. He said her pups were beautiful but I never got a chance to see any.
I planned to breed her but times just weren’t right. They are now but I wish she was younger. Don’t normally breed any that old. I know some guys would try though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.