Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cut this path to get to a place that I like to deer hunt with my climbing stand using my weed eater with a blade . It was a job . I still have a little left to do before I am finished . I could walk the property line to get back there , but I don’t like walking by my neighbors house that close . His house is only about 30 yards off of the property line . I just don’t like walking by someone’s house in the dark that close . Although he doesn’t care .

I sent this picture to a friend and he said hell no , heavy equipment . The worst part was carrying all the brush out . I stacked it to make a brush pile for the rabbits .
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Wood Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Building some more character today . I have been clearing a path along my property line before it gets to tall for my weed eater . I have been working on it 2 days now . I figure I have 7 more days to go . I am making a bunch of brush piles , as you can imagine . I am beat tonight . I must be getting old . It won’t be many more years that I can do this kind of work . It not to bad cutting , but picking it up and making the brush piles is what gets me .
Plant Natural landscape Twig Terrestrial plant Trunk

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
It’s a Stihl FS 90 with a solid shaft . I didn’t buy it for this , but I am glad that I bought it . I don’t think a regular weed eater would hold up to this . I am cutting some trees that are 5 or 6 inches in diameter . It helps that they are pine , but it does good on the smaller oak trees . My property has so many ruts in it from logging and the trees are so thick I don’t think that a tractor and bush hog would work as good . A forestry mulcher would be ideal , but they charger about $2000 dollars a day . I am not that broke down to pay that for what I am doing . I have time and energy for now to do it .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts