Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
how many F C's did buckshot jones have in his life time.....And did any produce like he did or better...…..?
Quite a few and some was great or even more than he ..... Just of a few pedigrees have seen he has done very well ..Along with some of his siblings as cutting up and big L Diablo just a couple along with their offspring’s..I would assume serve on here I know quite a bit more about ..The questions with all the great Houndsman and the old-timers on here.As well as the owners of a lot of the buckShot stud post that have been advertised on here..Looking forward to the input on the information....

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don’t recall the final number but I want to say in the 30s. As far as his son’s producing I think J-Bird produced the most. Mr Buckshot might be right there with J-bird. Diego and old stage Jr are really producing well as grandson’s of buckshot. Cut up and deablo never produced the number of fcs. He’s got some grandsons that

·
Registered
739 Posts
I don’t recall the final number but I want to say in the 30s. As far as his son’s producing I think J-Bird produced the most. Mr Buckshot might be right there with J-bird. Diego and old stage Jr are really producing well as grandson’s of buckshot. Cut up and deablo never produced the number of fcs. He’s got some grandsons that
I do recall Diego and after he finished we’re starting out quite a bit and heard a lot about the pups he has produced whether most of them have not been trailed or trailers they are some very great ones out there wish I did have a pump at a Diego what is it extremelyGreat hound all a round.Strong nose extreme hot very good line control Jump Meaning any..But considering all the FCs out there you will lose count of how many have buckshot in the pedigrees along with Otis,pro ,smoky ,chicken Stuby what is the majority of them do you go back far enough go to Stuby ..you can name on for days..Thanks for some new info...

·
Super Moderator
1,911 Posts
FC Buckshot jones produced quite a few FC. 25-30 I think. He had a few son's that produced some but nothing like him. I think his greatest asset was his ability to produce not only Quality Field trial dogs but also just as many Gundogs and pleasure dogs. Just my observation. I don't own anything out of him.

·
Registered
291 Posts
There are countless posts on buckshot going back 10 years with the info you are seeking. I'll give you the basics i experienced. Took my 20 yr bitchline to Buckshot a few different times about 10 years ago and had the greatest positive results i've ever experienced. I was told by others at the time that buckshot was not really that phenominal himself but he was so prepotent about anything bred to him produced. I don't know about that but my results were great.
IMO The greatest and most unique trait was that my pups from him had the most extreme grit and hunt possible and also had labrador handling and personality. It was unbelievable. They would do about anything for attention from their owner. They retrieved, and crawled all over ya to be held--- when the tailgate dropped and they hit the briars with extreme hunt like that of the hardest headed hunters you ever saw. VERY unigue to find that combo of traits.
Running ability was great with quick checkwork and the lessor of the litter were still good but seemed to be slower.
Negatives were that the next generation didnt reproduce with equal high percentages. Not bad but more of the norm that needed to be sifted through a little and selection was key.
Also, I wanted big dogs and too much buckshot was small. So, i've had to work at keeping size in my line while linebreeding the buckshot traits i loved.
To see any beagle handle with that much affection and then perform that well in the field was truly amazing.
I don't subscribe to the theory that a little shyness, or hard headed, independence or mouthiness or whatever needs to be tolerated for some other levels of superior field performance. I agree there is no perfect beagle but I believe the whole package is a worthy goal and I want those buckshot traits.
I don't mention the extreme hunt that others go nuts over because I already had that. Didn't have the super quick checkwork and that was a nice addition.
Most of my line now has buckshot in it 7 times. Been some extreme efforts at proper selection. Have to make outcrosses as needed to keep them from getting too close and losing size, nose and general pop.https://www.rabbitdogs.net/attachments/12345-pdf.54006/

·
Registered
739 Posts
There are countless posts on buckshot going back 10 years with the info you are seeking. I'll give you the basics i experienced. Took my 20 yr bitchline to Buckshot a few different times about 10 years ago and had the greatest positive results i've ever experienced. I was told by others at the time that buckshot was not really that phenominal himself but he was so prepotent about anything bred to him produced. I don't know about that but my results were great.
IMO The greatest and most unique trait was that my pups from him had the most extreme grit and hunt possible and also had labrador handling and personality. It was unbelievable. They would do about anything for attention from their owner. They retrieved, and crawled all over ya to be held--- when the tailgate dropped and they hit the briars with extreme hunt like that of the hardest headed hunters you ever saw. VERY unigue to find that combo of traits.
Running ability was great with quick checkwork and the lessor of the litter were still good but seemed to be slower.
Negatives were that the next generation didnt reproduce with equal high percentages. Not bad but more of the norm that needed to be sifted through a little and selection was key.
Also, I wanted big dogs and too much buckshot was small. So, i've had to work at keeping size in my line while linebreeding the buckshot traits i loved.
To see any beagle handle with that much affection and then perform that well in the field was truly amazing.
I don't subscribe to the theory that a little shyness, or hard headed, independence or mouthiness or whatever needs to be tolerated for some other levels of superior field performance. I agree there is no perfect beagle but I believe the whole package is a worthy goal and I want those buckshot traits.
I don't mention the extreme hunt that others go nuts over because I already had that. Didn't have the super quick checkwork and that was a nice addition.
Most of my line now has buckshot in it 7 times. Been some extreme efforts at proper selection. Have to make outcrosses as needed to keep them from getting too close and losing size, nose and general pop.https://www.rabbitdogs.net/attachments/12345-pdf.54006/
Lot of great and correct info have a few very well bred with most all the Traits you have mentioned they are very affectionate and have a bar are you can Ask for in a great Rabbit hound.And have a couple of litters on the way that should be extreme top notch hounds.. How about bells Burger buckshot ball buster stud hound on here you may like what it is in his Pedegree and the females that I have got to breed to him are going to be outstanding.. have one young seven month old female out of him at the moment black and tan with some tick in her breast ball buster on top my female PV fanny on bottom has five star smoke he wants crazy chicken top and bottom twice with Francie and several more is showing Extreme potential her Pedegree is also on her she just had a litter out of my mail Casanova about two weeks ago.Made across wants little over a year ago wish I would’ve never let them two male hounds had left out of them go..Have two young females out of that liter can’t wait to get them started there bread for it all..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts