Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have a real nice BS male out of Piney River Jack, real clean medium speed with good hunt, I don’t trial but ran him in a gun dog brace and got 4th out of 30 some hounds, and he hadn’t been run in almost a month, so he wore down some in the last braces, plus I suck as a handler, he is welcome to use him, he is about as good looking a Buckshot as you will ever see, and I am fairly close

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
My buddy runs a med, med plus, looking for a buckshot jones stud in nj,pa,ny,delaware area, anyone know of any?
Hands down your best bet is dry creek blue jetson.

I have one off of him that I love and know several other guys who’ve had multiple lines of buckshot dogs and all of em prefer jetson bred dogs over most other buckshot studs.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Jet is a good rabbit dog. I ran him a lot while I owned him. Paired correctly he will offer a lot of good traits to pups. My advice would be to look at your female and be honest about what she has as strengths and weaknesses. Then search out all of the Buckshot dogs in your area that you can find and go watch them run. Then make your decision based on that. Never double up on faults when you make a breeding. Never make a breeding based on what others say. Go watch the dog run if you can. Look at the pedigrees and make the choice based on what you need in a stud dog. And remember that the stud is only half of the equation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts