Brush Busters

Discussion in 'Breeding, Bloodlines, and Pedigrees' started by billy boy, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Looking for info. on certain bloodlines that stay in the thick rough brairs and cut-over . Seems like alot of dogs hunt hard but skirt around the real rough stuff instead of plowing thru it. Looking for the lines of beagles that have a knack of getting in the roughest stuff where mr bunny lives. any info. appreciated.

Tradawg likes this.
  2. High Rock Beagles

High Rock Beagles Active Member

NC
    Weir Creeks, need to say no more!

4. High Rock lets see some videos of some brush busting dogs.

Dogtown and OKLAHOMA like this.
  5. cltyus1

cltyus1 Member

My buckshot dogs will get in anything you want em in

Dogtown and OKLAHOMA like this.
  6. cltyus1

cltyus1 Member

Video quality don’t show well but on this fence row I know a lot of guys that never get rabbits out because there is brush piles and briars that are rooooough to get in. My little 13” dogs have no issue with climbing in to see what’s inside

8. I run some weir creek, boogie holler bred x with gay and dingus and some reggie stuff. always hunt good and jump rabbits but don't always bust thru the real thick stuff the way i like. maybe a little too picky but always looking for something better.

9. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

I am not sure everyones view of hunt is the same,my dogs will do what cityus1 does but thats not what I call hard hunt.What I call hard hunt is when you turn the dogs down and they get done doing their business and you tell them to huntem up,they move at atleast a double time pace to find a rabbit or track in what ever is in front of them or the direction you send them.But then slows down to a applicable speed if need be to run the track.JMO

Bowguy likes this.
  10. Wilbur

Wilbur Member

(Hunt) is subjective to the owners interpretation and needs , what I call good hunt may not be up to your standards, terriran,size of area, population of rabbits, all of theses and more may be involved in a persons idea of hunt.......Wilbur

OKLAHOMA likes this.
  11. bear128

bear128 Active Member

I've seen a lot of times them dogs busting through all fast miss a lot of rabbits where that dog working a pile slow will jump a rabbit behind them every time

12. Wilbur

Wilbur Member

10 4 bear128 ,a hard hunting dog is not always a good jump dog,but a Good jump dog always has good search......Wilbur

huntingteacher likes this.
  13. cltyus1

cltyus1 Member

He didn’t post asking for hard hunt that’s moving double speed....he asked about dogs that stay in the thick briars and cover I think...
    I could be wrong though
    I think my video is a video of a few dogs in a thick row of briars on a fence row crouching down and and climbing up looking for rabbits

14. bear128

bear128 Active Member

I haven't ran many spo bloodlines I run shooter and turbo bloodlines now and they hunt really good my turbo dogs hunt the best though different style then my greenbay dogs

15. bear128

bear128 Active Member

I got two weir creek pups that show a lot of hunt but they are only 6 months old so I can't say a whole lot yet

16. branko is all you need jack of all trades

17. Wilbur

Wilbur Member

So you see everybody has there own idea of a hard hunting dog, no lock on one line of dogs, if your happy with what you got that's all that matters......someone will always tell you there's is better,but the grass ain't always greener............Wilbur

19. Thanks for the response. I believe hunt must be like speed, everyone has their own version. 1 of the hardest hunting dogs i ever seen was out of R&R joe blue and some cumberland river stuff. that thing tore up every brush pile she came to and jumped rabbits where other dogs wouldn't go. only problem she was small and couldn't keep up with other dogs, that's the kind of hunt i'd like more of.