Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pedigree can be seen at http://copperheadhillbeagles.com/dogs.htm

12 1/2" tall.

Runs good, hunts good, and has good foot speed. Runs a good line and doesnt have any extra mouth. Im gonna say that he's a little over medium. He'll pull up and run with stronger, faster dogs and get alot of checks if they over run. Put him down with a pack of medium speed dogs and he'll get his share and then some.

He has a 3rd place so far in ARHA Gundog Pack.

Im just getting started with Blackcreeks and would like to get some pups out of him so if you have a nice Blackcreek or Weircreek bitch you can breed to him for a pup.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Freddie that is a KILLER bred Blackcreek/Skullfork hound. The breeding doesn't get any better than that. You have brought some outstanding blood up your way. That FC Decker breeding is some royal blood when crossed right. They are the BOMB in TRUE GUNDOGS. You should get plenty of breedings on him from hunters if nothing else. I don't own anything without FC Decker in it. My good friend and neighbor Ricky Moore raised FC Oak River Decker and his littermate sister Oak River Stacy. For gun hunting and trialing there were none better in my opinion. They had it ALL. O'Neal Wheat ended up with FC Decker and Richie Romero ended up with Oak River Stacy. Great hounds!

Good luck,

Mitch

·
Registered
908 Posts
Freddie

His Mother, Kate, was owned by Mark Miller down here in Marion,La... She was a rabbit hound deluxe and Mark said she could jump rabbits on heavily hunted areas where there seemed to be none. He sold her to a friend of mine in Tioga,La (Steve Miller) after she had the ****** Tonk litter and she wound up in Mississippi at Shane Johnson's place. She was a big tri colored female 14"-14 1/2" with good conformation

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the information Mitch and James. Like I said, Im just getting started in the Blackcreeks. Ive been through several that werent quite what I was looking for but this one is pretty darn close. Its good that people like yall that have actually seen some of the dogs in these pedigrees are willing to comment on em and let the rest of us know what kind of dog they were.

Hopefully he'll be a good producer and especially after what yall just said I dont know see why he wouldnt.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Fb, I will bring a blackcreek gyp to him this fall. Got one litter now, and am about to breed a gyp right out of Banjo to a son of Banjo. I will more than likely bring that red gyp I got from you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
FB what kinda of speed does he have i been looking for a good blackcreek hound to breed to my gay bitch i have been hearing good things about this out cross

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He'll step it up a little if you put him down with faster dogs but but Im gonna say around 6 on my scale. Just a touch over medium.

Im gonna trial him in Gundog Pack so youll get to see him run and maybe even judge him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts