Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just started raising my own beagles last year i got 4 females and 1 male was just woundering how to tell when to put the male in with the female. i tried 2 already and think i missed there cycle. i got 2 more to go and would really like to get some pups. if any one could help that would be great thanks.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Ain't it funny how when you try to breed a gypp, you always miss, but get two of em in your pen in heat,you don't want bred, and see how long it takes em to get bred on their own. :banghead:

·
Registered
358 Posts
If i want to breed a female i will kennel the male with the female all the time that way you can never miss. If they fight then i would seperate them and do it the other way but if she tolerates him then it cant hurt

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
just started raising my own beagles last year i got 4 females and 1 male was just woundering how to tell when to put the male in with the female. i tried 2 already and think i missed there cycle. i got 2 more to go and would really like to get some pups. if any one could help that would be great thanks.
Toad, your question sounds like your asking when should you put the female in with the male without seeing any sign she is in heat. Females usually come into heat every six months. I would visually check the females every day like when you go to feed them. A female will began to swell and then after a day or two you will began to see signs of blood too. If you have your females penned together, sometimes when one starts coming into heat they will get a little ill with other females. If your male is an aggresive breeder and you see the tie i would then breed the female to him every other day till she won't take him any more. If your male is not aggresive and you can't catch them in the tie, i would just leave them together for a couple of weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts