Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bred two females early on, and only one had a litter of pups, so I decided on going ahead with this breeding. The mothers name is Lilly, which is a daughter to Banjo, and Blackforks Patsy. I bred her to my male, that is also a son of Banjo and Dot eyed Susie. This will be doubled up on the Banjo blood. Should make for some fine Blackcreeks in the near future. Keep your fingers crossed for me if ya will, it will for sure be a tough time to raise pups.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Good luck with em.

I raised some during the summer last year but it was tough. I made me a sort of backwoods air conditioner. I took the lid off the box and put a fan on it upside down so it would suck the air through the door and out the top of the box. It was in the shade and it actually felt pretty good inside there.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
hot weather pups

Frozen milk jugs about two thirds full & a fan works pretty good. By the time they are 2 or 3 days old they will crawl up beside the jug if they get hot.------Rodgerl

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Frozen milk jugs about two thirds full & a fan works pretty good. By the time they are 2 or 3 days old they will crawl up beside the jug if they get hot.------Rodgerl
I guess I should have said two thirds full of water, not milk.-----Rodgerl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts