Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Weir Creeks for sure!!!

http://www.akcweircreekbeagles.com/
Everyone of these dogs have extreme hunt and great rabbit jumping abilities. They have excellent line control with upper med. speed. They also can reproduce these qualities into their pups time and time again.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I Think they can all be good. I have a couple of blackjack dogs that have been great from pups on about hunt. I also have a couple of Pro bred dogs that do good to. Everybody says the Pro stuff won't hunt but I think they get better with age. I think it has to to a lot with how the pups are raised.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I put my money on Blackjack which includes Otis. I also love some blackcreeks I see . If I was forced to buy a dog unseen I would be Robs diamond- BlackJack.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I put my money on Blackjack which includes Otis. I also love some blackcreeks I see . If I was forced to buy a dog unseen I would be Robs diamond- BlackJack.
my thoughts xactly have several in line blackjack dogs and a pair or robs diamond pups gonna be some good ones

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
oh well

i have a grade dog that has the most hunt of any i have ever seen he will tear a briar patch to pieces if there is a rabbit around he will find him no matter what he will git er done:D sorry but i am going to all registered dogs to gay weir creek and a male that has 12 fc on his pedigree

·
Registered
232 Posts
I myself like Indian Hill bred dogs. I'm sure all other Bloodlines has got the right stuff but Indian Hill bred dogs really hunt my style of hunting. I like to run rabbits! (can't shoot good enough to kill them) but I'm not out there for the meat!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I made this same post on eSPO a while back. It got alot of views, and alot of opinions. The most popular (if I remember) was Buckshot Jones, In-Line Blackjack, and K-Buck.

My personal opinion is it depends on the dog, and maybe how you start them. I got one Blackcreek bred female that will run the snot out of a rabbit but her hunt is not as aggressive as I like to see in a hound. I also have 2 pups out of Cotton Country Rebel that hunt as hard as anything I have ever seen, and with tracks, may be as good as the female I spoke of previously. All 3 hounds are Blackcreek bred.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts