Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone feeding Black Gold? Did the price go up? I called to place an order with the distributer today and he said the price went up. Crap even with my discount its over $25.00 a bag if I buy 10 or more, $28.00 for less than 10. I like it and they have been very good to me and our club, but its time to go shopping! I cant afford that. I was getting for around $21.00.

·
Super Moderator
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get a kennel price if I buy 10 or more from the distributer. I thought I was getting $5.00 off a bag, but now its only $3.00 off. I win $5.00 off coupons at some trials also, but I cant depend on that.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Check around and see if you can find Caliber. I'm told it's the same feed and you can get the 24/20 for $19 a 50lb bag. (around here)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Brian, I have been feeding Caliber for a long time and I really like it. Tax and all it is 19 dollars a bag. My dogs do real good on it. Clinton

·
Super Moderator
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will look around, I have not seen any around here. May try Sportsmans Pride $20.00 for 50lbs, friend feeds it and loves it. I will look for Caliber as well.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I feed sportmans pride and love it. I switched to it 3 months ago. My dogs have never looked better. 19.50 per 50 pound bag. First ingredient listed is meat.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Brian Black Gold is living up to its name here too. Locally it is $29.02 with tax included. I switched to Eppenette's green and white bag which has the same ingredience and I think it is $18.50 for 50#. James Murphy ( Echo Hiills ) told me about it. The bad thing is that it is bagged for and independent store owner only, and located in Eldorado, Ar.

Roger

·
Registered
631 Posts
Brian you know i've always been a die hard BG person myself but after a couple of years of searching i have found a feed just as good as BG for alot less in price."PRIDE" dog food.I feed the 24/20 and cannot tell the difference in performance,stool and their coats.You can open the bag and it looks just like BG.I get it for $18.50 a bag if i buy 10 at a time.Try some if you can find it over there.You won't be disappointed.

Ray

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
I found, well dbounds found I should say, a guy here locally that sells Caliber for $19 per bag. I was paying $24.95 (theyve probably gone up here too by now) for BG which wasnt too bad but 5 bucks is 5 bucks and it adds up pretty quick. Its almost like getting every 5th bag free.

Ive been feeding it for 3 or 4 months now and my dogs are doing fine on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions, we dont have Caliber, Pride, Hi-Standard, or any of the others you all mentioned. I think the South has more choices than we do. Here is what we have within 100 miles of me that I concidered or have feed.
Diamond $$
Black Gold $$$$
Sportmix (may try sometime $24.00 50lbs)
Sportsmans Pride ($20.00 50lbs.)
Enhance $$$$
Loyal $$$$$
Purina $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
and a bunch of $30.00-$50.00 brands
I bought 5 bags of Sportsmans Pride today, keep my fingures crossed, sure like the price!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have been using sportmix for a while and I am very happy with all aspects of it to this point. I buy the hi energey for $18.00 for 50lbs and the hi pro for $19.00 for 50 lbs and mix them super results so far.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Brian Black Gold is living up to its name here too. Locally it is $29.02 with tax included. I switched to Eppenette's green and white bag which has the same ingredience and I think it is $18.50 for 50#. James Murphy ( Echo Hiills ) told me about it. The bad thing is that it is bagged for and independent store owner only, and located in Eldorado, Ar.

Roger
Speed and drive used to come in a green and white sack. Wonder if this is some kind of knock off? :headscratch: And you thought I made that up.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Guys I buy a feed out of TN. Named James choice 26/[email protected] per 50# . I sure do like . I fed Purina for along time when I was hunting and training bird dogs and I liked the coupons, but it has gotten too high. I tried Diamond, Black Gold,Sportsmix, and many others. My dogs look good and run very strong on James choice they also have an excellent puppy feed and offer 24/20 and 26/12 for 15.50 a bag.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Don't know if it's a knockoff but the Eppinette Feed( Kennel Pro) is really good stuff for a good price. More and more folks that I know are buying it, both foxhound and beagle guys, and all seem to like the firm stools, glossy coats and high energy. Cheaper if bought by the ton ([email protected]#) but must be picked up at the store in El Dorado, Ark.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts