Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I took a pup soloing for the first time last night. He was running well with the pack and I wanted to see how he did by himself.

I must have put him right on a rabbit, within minutes he had jumped and was running to fool out of him. He lost him shortly and I called him back to me.

I put him out again about 70 yards dowwn. Just like before he jumped within minutes and was hot on the trail. After a short race I called him again.
I put him out for the 3rd time and he jumped right off. I am thinking to my self this is one heck of a dog. I had to see him run so I jumped in teh briar thicket with him. He was barking up a storm but I could not determine wich direction he was going. As I came out the other side of the thicket there he was. Both front feet on a tree hollering every breath. I used Tritronics to get him off the tree. He jumped one more racoon and I layed it to him. I put a couple of dogs down with him to show him what to chase and just like all the other days he was right in the race. I do not believe I will solo him anymore for a while. So much for my thoughts of " what a great dog "

·
Registered
116 Posts
:headscratch:well, look at it like this, he's still a great dog, if you ever feel like racoon huntin, then solo him...if youre runnin rabbits, run him with a pack:D
probably could make some money betting with racoon hunters that youre beagle would get the first tree.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts