Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been doing some bird watching and trying to identify the birds that I am seeing . Besides the bluebirds and cardinals that I see everyday , I saw several beautiful goldfinch this morning in the yard . Some of the other beautiful birds that I have seen , kestrel , northern flicker , prairie warbler and great crested flycatcher .

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Lori and Chloe, (GSP) walk 4 miles every morning she has seen a Pileated Wood Pecker, the bird is huge and is not seen very often. At home we see, Bluebirds, Reddish colored Finch’s, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Barn Swallows, Humming Birds, Killdeers, Vultures. The birds really sing in the morning and at dusk. Then we see the bats flying. JMHO

·
Registered
308 Posts
We've had a mature Bald Eagle soaring on currents the past few days. That's rare for us in June.
We normally see them in March and April while they're migrating. I wonder if a pair stuck around and have a nest.
There was a time when we had a very high Blue Bird population. For some reason we only seen a couple pairs now

·
Registered
2,342 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I saw a Yellow Warbler, a Baltimore Oriole, and a Cedar Waxwing, among other birds more common, while mowing paths at my farm this afternoon. Also a couple of rat snakes, a couple of deer, and several rabbits of various sizes. Caught a Mockingbird today in a box trap meant for a groundhog.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
I watched a Bluebird land on the front yard as I was walking to check the mail. The Bluebird picked up something in its mouth and flew up into the Maple tree and gave it to one of its young. Pretty neat to see. I put up Bluebird houses and they are using them. It has helped to keep the mosquitos down. JMHO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts