Best dog you everseen

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by Hoot, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Hoot

Hoot New Member

s.c.
    whats the best rabbit dog you guys have ever seen run a rabbit.My dad had a great grade dog when i was a teenager way back when,he could really straddle,the track and never miss a beatand he had good speed,only bad thing about him was he was sterile.That still makes me sick i am 40 years old now

2. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

FC Shorts Palo - was the best I have seen run a rabbit.

3. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

i've seen alot over the years judges alot but the best i still believe was macon ridge cookie owned by mr george blaine

4. deltadog

deltadog New Member

FC Cotton Country Becky
    FC Cotton Country Rebel
    FC Cotton Country Tess
    FC Cotton Country Donna

5. RKW

RKW Active Member

I have never trialed so I don't know any of the big name hounds that I'm sure are outstanding but 30 years ago I had a little blanketback grade male that was a rabbit running machine. I called him Buddy and I believe you could cast him in the middle of New York City and he would jump a rabbit and start screaming at him then run it like he was tied to it. He was a hustler.

Roger

6. WoundForSound

WoundForSound New Member

The best hound I ever watched run is FC Green Bay Butkus..... I am fortunate enough to handle Butkus in the Canadian circut this year seeing how I'm so close to the border I've put a win and a 3 on him towords IFC so far thanks Joe for giving the opertunaty to handle such a fine hound.

7. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

FC Goss' Parkhill Dolly B braced with Ben"s Creek T Baby and the Deep South Run off...Forgot the year.... the fast smoothest was Wolf Hollow Alf....Mid South Hound of the year one time...a male off Wildcat Little Rock and Dolly B

8. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

That Ive ever actually seen with my own eyes Id have to say FC Hagan's Gentleline Rebar and FC Sam's Husting Otis. There were a couple of other dogs in the pack but those two held class that day and showed why they are Field Champions. Im sure it wasnt quite as good at the time as I remember it being but it was a heck of a race. It was just one of those days and they ran that rabbit like they could see the line instead of having to smell it. If one dog overran a step or two the other one cut him from behind and didnt miss a beat.

9. bterry

bterry New Member

FC Foxcreek Run and Gun Hossbreeze
    I had the opportunity to rabbit hunt over this dog several times and was never disappointed

10. John-PA

John-PA New Member

Best dog I ever seen was HBCH LPRCH FC Smoke's Creek Syris McGee. I hunted over this dog a lot, hare and cottontail, and he was the same dog day in and day out. I also watched NLPC IFC Beavercreek's Blue Max run hare in upstate NY, he was impressive but I only got to see him 1 day.

11. TDOG

TDOG Member

I have been fortunate to have ran with several really nice hounds in my life time some grade some akc some fc's but the most consistant hound that i have seen run and boy he truely does it from anywhere in the pack if you are in front of him don't make a mistake and if you are behind him he will leave you nothing
    "FC CHICKEN ON A CHAIN" what a great hound!

12. nutbush

nutbush New Member

Kevin Daniels owns her. Her name is Homer's Miss Molly. This is truly the best rabbit dog I have ever seen. Boys this girl can flat run a rabbit. She starts out with a short "OOOO" "OOOO" and then when she gets to going "o "o" "o" oh brother it's on. I don't believe there is a dog out there that can hang with her when she is in-shape.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010