Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
Looking for suggestions on the best battery operated barking collars?
Thanks!
Garmin, I have 3 and they work great, I think the price has gone up, just like everything else has. They have a vibration mode, and an automatic mode will get a sharper jolt if they continue to bark, and a numbered mode up to number 7. Higher the number the stronger the intensity. JMHO

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have four of the Garmin Bark Limiter's! I don't use them all the time but when I get a new dog or etc. that needs to know my kennel rules! lol All mine are the rechargeable ones also. They normally sell for $99, unless that changed but they go on sale every summer for $69, if that hasn't changed also! I think for bark collars only, they are about the best on the market. I use other methods for barking first but the bark collar is my last choice and if that doesn't work they get a new address! This is one thing I don't put up with!

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
I hate kennel barkers, I get tired of hearing my one beagle bark at 2:00 a.m. Every time the collar goes on, I will take it off for a reprieve in the hopes she has learned my no barking system. So far Meg is winning and me zero.
I have also bought big water pistols squirting water at them. Just saying, JMHO :eek:🐶

·
Registered
339 Posts
My daughter's dog was carrying on every night for a week. So I put a collar on the dog. That night I woke up to an aggressive bark. With a smile on my face, I gave that dog the juice. In the morning my girls were horrified to find a dead opossum in the kennel. I have know idea how that opossum got in there. Or how that little dog won the fight with me shocking her during the battle. She's been quiet ever since

·
Registered
812 Posts
My daughter's dog was carrying on every night for a week. So I put a collar on the dog. That night I woke up to an aggressive bark. With a smile on my face, I gave that dog the juice. In the morning my girls were horrified to find a dead opossum in the kennel. I have know idea how that opossum got in there. Or how that little dog won the fight with me shocking her during the battle. She's been quiet ever since
If you shock em when they're pissed, it just amps it even higher IMO

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have above ground kennels and had an idea. I took the water fill valve from an old washing machine. I connected 1/2 inch pvc to the outlet side and a garden hose to the inlet side. My wife had an old Remote she used to turn outside Christmas lights on with. I took the electrical wires from fill valve and connected them to an extension cord which I plugged into the receiver part of the Remote which of course was plugged into a receptacle. I mounted the pvc pipe over each door with a TEE in the pipe line pointed toward the dogs. I have Sprayer tips like Farmers or Landscapers use on the outlet point of the Tee. They spray a fine mist in a wide pattern that covers each run. When dogs start barking I press the transmitter for the remote and the dogs hush and go in their box. My Remote is sort of a cheap one and I have to be within about 50 feet for it to work. I'm sure you can find one with more range. I have to drain the water to prevent freezing in the winter but that could be fixed with electric heat tapes and a little insulation. It's not perfect but it works for me. Thought I would pass this on hoping to help someone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts