Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
T^here are two different bloodlines of Bear bred dogs. One goes back to M&M's Cocoa Bear owned by Mike Reynolds. He is dead but his lineage is still out there and doing great. Cocoa Bear is now a HOF hound. The other one is Blue Creek Bear. I don't remember who finished him but he was a SPO field trial hound. He may have been owned and finished by Wayne Thompson of Cookeville, Tennessee. I don't know the sire or dam but he was sold to a man in Pennsylvania. He would be dead also but his blood line is still out there. Maybe some of the Tennessee, Alabama or Georgia guys will remember. This might help you in letting us know which bear hound you are wanting to breed to.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had cocoa bear hounds before I got out several years ago. Had a couple that came from mr Reynolds. Also had a couple of hounds from the Mo River line that was off of the blue creek line. All of them was good rabbit dogs. Looking to add them back into my hunting dogs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have one, a good one but I haven’t been on here long enough to post one for sale. If anyone wants to see her run, solo, or in a pack. Come on down ad we will run all day. Rabbits are running really good now. My female is 18 months old,13in. Bullocks creek top and bottom.
Roger get ahold of me if the dog you mentioned in this post is available.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Larry, I have never met you but I have family in Murfreesboro, I have visited there over 50 years. They had property at beech grove but just sold it. Last year we were out at beech grove and my brother in law stoped and talked to a man and his son. The man was around 45 or 50 and his son was maybe 16 or 18. They were working their cattle. My brother in law is Ronnie Smith. He lives on Elam road. He told me the father and sons last name was Dunn, they were very nice people. I live in Virginia. Will be visiting family there early summer, may be we can hook up. I ran dogs at a trail there in 90’s, had a good time. Still run a few line breed Otis dogs. I am aware of your health concerns, hope you and your wife are doing well.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I bought a farm in Beechgrove in the early eighties. In 2010 I built my dream home there. I raised beef cattle there until 2018. I woke up one morning in all kinds of pain. Long story short I had to sell and moved to Murfreesboro. I hated leaving but a man has to do what a man has to do. I had a starting pen and a running pen. I built a indoor kennel before I even started my house. It is hard to move away from that kind of setup. I believe that I do know Ronnie Smith but don't know who the man and son were. At present I am doing as well as can be expected but my wife is on a down hill slide. Please keep her in your prayers. Her name is Donna Dunn. Dunn is not a common name in these parts but guess what, she was a Dunn before I married her. After a couple of dates I didn't bother to dig too deep into the ancestry.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts