Beagle race

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by BOSS99755, Mar 15, 2010.

1. I was just wondering what kind of reaction I would get. My question is how many of you beagle owners would run for cash prize? Like have a small fee and pay 80% and the 20% for use of land.

2. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    The foxhound guys have been doing just this for sometime now. I personally don't think its the way to go because people tend to do crazy things to win a little cash. Beagling is too much fun without having to worry about trying to win a pocket full of money. Give away usable prizes instead like leashes,collars,mule chaps :wink: etc JMHO

3. TDOG

TDOG Member

I agree with echo money ruins everthing

4. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

The Two Couple Pack people have done this in the past by using the Cash as prizes. It has worked for them. I like it better than a trophy that just sets and collects dust.

Some Clubs also give out cash as their prizes in the Fun Trials they have also.

5. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

Doesnt PKC do that?

6. RKW

RKW Active Member

I'm pretty sure PKC does. I wouldn't mind winning a nice pair of those Mule chaps that James was talking about but I would probably have to borrow one your dogs FB.

Roger

7. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

I havent seen one for myself but from what Ive heard, my dogs wouldnt stand a chance in a UKC or PKC trial.

8. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

thats what i have heard also