Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in a group on FB called Carolina beaglers. Different people post things pups, dogs, kennels, etc dealing with the beagle world. Here lately they have been having field trials (not sanctioned akc, pkc, nkc, ukc) more speed & drives. The topic that comes up is when they height of the beagle continues to grow. Last trial they were 15” & smaller. They have now made it 17” & smaller with many people sayin that 17” is not a true beagle height. Although some have stated that they have AKC dogs papered with 17”. Thoughts on true beagle height ?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Lot's of people are trying to get the AKC to widen the height gap so those great big ole huge 16 plus inch hounds that have taken over the beagle field trial market can run without getting measured out sometimes like they do every now and then today. You ought to see them monsters they measure in every weekend??? It looks like a deer dog or a racoon dog trial when you drive up!...Funny....Amazing...The AKC already took away the sound of a shot gun and uses a blank .32 cal pistol that sounds like a Childs cap pistol or the old cock pop gun...what a joke that is. They could use a shotgun blank...Nope too many culls would hit the fence if the did that. People would complain entries (MONEY)..would go down.

They want to change the breed standard for them big ole things they want to call a beagle so bad that run so good.

I say call them what they really are give that breed a name call it what it is..... and give them their own trials and leave the real beagles alone. They don't need fixing because field trailers today have fallen in love with something else. My goodness field trials have done enough to the poor beagle in the last 100 years to last a life time. Leave them alone.

Thank God for Rabbit Hunters...they have saved the day too many times to count for that poor little breed of hunting dog till it ain't even funny. It's really not.....not at all!

If it weren't for the hunters in my area I would not have anything to breed to at all...Nada. They still got all them great old dogs we sent to Canada, PA, New York, Wisconsin, Ohio and all up north...They have even greatly improved on them in the last 20 -30 years...yes they have!!!

Yep.....RABBIT HUNTERS..... they got it all right now and they HOLD TIGHT to what WORKS..... beyond the FIELD TRIAL FADS!!. Rabbit Hunters need them dogs cause they use them every weekend to feed the family not to GO PLAY Hunting GAMES....all those real good old lines people from down here and and OTHER places are quietly going around, sneaking around all over the country looking like it's some kind of a big secrete looking to get something from the past it fix that mess they got now. Looking for anything...OLD...that were invented and came from down here where I live years ago. The need something and they need it bad! ALL OF A SUDDEN....DESPERATE...they are!! Instead of just breeding a good dog with what they already got they looking for someone else's good dog to fix them. Funny thing is most all of them have everything they need already but they just can't figure it out what to do with it so they running around searching!!!... They never can figure it out as long as they are addicted to Trials. They are now wanting to breed.......backwards!!! WOW!......Really! My question is what happened to all your breeding attempts forward forward the last 20 years....it aint no good????.. so.... now you so lost and overwhelmed your going in REVERSE????......That is funny stuff right their...Yes it is.....Running around like a Chicken...with all your legs cut smooth off. Rabbit hunters are laughing their butts plum off at the whole free circus.

The rabbit hunters still have.... ALL.... them old dogs.... YEP they do and they have even made them...MUCH BETTER!...and they have the decedents of the ones they KEPT. ALL the great ole lines and crosses of lines of THE FINE GUN DOG hounds the Field Trialers and Trial fads got rid of, culled, dumped, threw away, ditched.....MANY YEARS ago that some are now scratching, scrambling and digging for all over the country.!! OH YEA....you should see it!!!....

That is some kind of funny stuff right there!!!! Yes it is. If you look you can see them searching like a bird dog running all over the US, here and there, To and fro...making plans, making deals, looking for stuff they culled, sold off, dumped got rid of many years ago because Field Trials back then...told them they were... NO GOOD!!! NO IT. It's.....pitiful, pitiful, pitiful...If they knew what the rabbit hunters knew they would leave that all alone. But when your addicted, desperate to WIN or be the man......you will try anything at any costs! I see it every singe day down here where we live desperation??...it's a sad shame really! Sad to see. Field Trial fads have just swung all over the field from one end to the other and from one side to the next from standing still to flying to walking to crawling the racing to trotting and everything in between. We want something from far away that has to be better..better at what??? That is a question right there. It's trying to swing again now bad in my area. The same people that tore it up are now trying to be the hero's to save it...fix it and save the day....Who says it broke...them???....Problems can not be solved at the same level that created them...Sorry.

Here's a lesson for you young ones: Listen good now...Listen up!...this one is free.....ON THE HOUSE.

"You can..... Always....tell when dogs and dog breeders are totally lost.......They always search (check) backwards first.......cause they don't have the confidence or the skills to go..... forward."

The Field Trials guys that are seeking old blood........ old dog.... chasers down here where I live are literally swimming in the dogs all around them they are scouring and searching begging the nation to find and they don't know it cause they are TOO...FIELD TRIAL BLIND!!!!...It's like a madness,... it's a SICKNESS!!!...it ruins people and beagles.

Hate em if you have to but........Hunters have always saved the beagle and Hunters always will... cause they HUNTERS will always.....HAVE TOO!.....sadly.

I will be glad when they finally breed the beagle to 20" and the AKC says it's ok. Hey what ever the Trials want right...Follow the money. Then we can ride them to the woods...hunt them all day.....and...ride them back home cause no one can buy gas!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lot's of people are trying to get the AKC to widen the height gap so those great big ole huge 16 plus inch hounds that have taken over the beagle field trial market can run without getting measured out sometimes like they do every now and then today. You ought to see them monsters they measure in every weekend??? It looks like a deer dog or a racoon dog trial when you drive up!...Funny....Amazing...The AKC already took away the sound of a shot gun and uses a blank .32 cal pistol that sounds like a Childs cap pistol or the old cock pop gun...what a joke that is. They could use a shotgun blank...Nope too many culls would hit the fence if the did that. People would complain entries (MONEY)..would go down.

They want to change the breed standard for them big ole things they want to call a beagle so bad that run so good.

I say call them what they really are give that breed a name call it what it is..... and give them their own trials and leave the real beagles alone. They don't need fixing because field trailers today have fallen in love with something else. My goodness field trials have done enough to the poor beagle in the last 100 years to last a life time. Leave them alone.

Thank God for Rabbit Hunters...they have saved the day too many times to count for that poor little breed of hunting dog till it ain't even funny. It's really not.....not at all!

If it weren't for the hunters in my area I would not have anything to breed to at all...Nada. They still got all them great old dogs we sent to Canada, PA, New York, Wisconsin, Ohio and all up north...They have even greatly improved on them in the last 20 -30 years...yes they have!!!

Yep.....RABBIT HUNTERS..... they got it all right now and they HOLD TIGHT to what WORKS..... beyond the FIELD TRIAL FADS!!. Rabbit Hunters need them dogs cause they use them every weekend to feed the family not to GO PLAY Hunting GAMES....all those real good old lines people from down here and and OTHER places are quietly going around, sneaking around all over the country looking like it's some kind of a big secrete looking to get something from the past it fix that mess they got now. Looking for anything...OLD...that were invented and came from down here where I live years ago. The need something and they need it bad! ALL OF A SUDDEN....DESPERATE...they are!! Instead of just breeding a good dog with what they already got they looking for someone else's good dog to fix them. Funny thing is most all of them have everything they need already but they just can't figure it out what to do with it so they running around searching!!!... They never can figure it out as long as they are addicted to Trials. They are now wanting to breed.......backwards!!! WOW!......Really! My question is what happened to all your breeding attempts forward forward the last 20 years....it aint no good????.. so.... now you so lost and overwhelmed your going in REVERSE????......That is funny stuff right their...Yes it is.....Running around like a Chicken...with all your legs cut smooth off. Rabbit hunters are laughing their butts plum off at the whole free circus.

The rabbit hunters still have.... ALL.... them old dogs.... YEP they do and they have even made them...MUCH BETTER!...and they have the decedents of the ones the KEPT. ALL the great ole linesa nd crosses of lines of FINE GUN DOG hounds the Field Trialers and Trial fads got rid of, culled, dumped, threw away, ditched.....MANY YEARS ago that they are all scratching, scrambling and digging for all over the country now..!! OH YEA....you should see it!!!....

That is some kind of funny stuff right there!!!! Yes it is. If you look you can see them searching like a bird dog running all over the US, her and there, making plans looking for stuff they culled, sold off, dumped got rid of many years ago because Field Trials back then...told them they were NO GOOD!!! . It's.....pitiful, pitiful, pitiful...If they knew what the rabbit hunters knew they would leave that all alone. But when your addicted, desperate to WIN or be the man......you will try anything at any costs! I see it every singe day down here where we live desperation??...it's a sad shame really! Sad to see. Field Trial fads have just swung all over the field from one end to the other and from one side to the next from standing still to flying to walking to crawling the racing to trotting and everything in between. It's trying to swing again now bad in my area. The same people that tore it up are now trying to be the hero's to save it...fix it and save the day....Who says it broke...them???....Problems can not be solved at the same level that created them...Sorry.

Here's a lesson for you young ones: Listen good now...Listen up!...this one is free.....ON THE HOUSE.

"You can..... Always....tell when dogs and dog breeders are totally lost.......They always search (check) backwards first.......cause they don't have the confidence or the skills to go..... forward."

These Field Trial boys that are seeking old blood these.... old dog.... chasers down here where I live are literally swimming in the dogs all around them they are scouring and searching begging the nation to find and they don't know it cause they are TOO...FIELD TRIAL BLIND!!!!...It's like a madness,... it's a SICKNESS!!!...it ruins people and beagles.

Hate em if you have to but........Hunters have always saved the beagle and Hunters always will... cause they HUNTERS will always.....HAVE TOO!.....sadly.

I will be glad when they finally breed the beagle to 20" and the Gay K C says it's ok. Then we can ride them to the woods...hunt them all day.....and...ride them back home cause no one can buy gas!
Gay K C😂😂lol good one. Pretty good read as well. Where about are you located Mitch ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Best deer dogs I ever had came off a 13 “ male Blackcreek/Boggy Holler male and a big female running Walker..,

And them suckers weren’t but 15 1/2”’!!...good lord I had no idea folks had beagles that big

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Hey I got I big red and white male pup out of Blood heavy heavy T-boy bred top and bottom looks like em and my best 10 year old bitch. He is friendly as a house cat and a clown. He loves to play with anything and anybody. His ears almost drag the ground. He is stout athletic thick, strong built and straight all over good looking specimen. He don't know how powerful (Strong) he is. He runs into stuff and breaks it by accident playing. He is big friendly goof Ball.

I have not measured him yet my wife calls him big Rusty I call him Big Nasty.

He is about 11 months old and I would hate to think I had to draw out against him or his littermate sister. He can forever more lock on an smoke flow him some bunny and he knows it with a booming big heavy screaming, squalling chop mouth. Can I tell you I love this dog. He got everything I want in a beagle...... But

I just ain't had the guts to put him under my measuring stand yet. He is still growing. We will see.???

Truthfully...I don't care how big he gets he is going on and across every bitch I own once if he keeps this up no matter how big he gets. He has littler mate sisters 12.5".

Blood his sire is a 14 inch Red and White not chocolate....thick althelitic strong built powerful hustling dog .

Point is this big pups ain't got a drop of PRO in him. None of his family does Ha Ha....he don't....The truth is many of the great old males he is directly descended from were great big old giant hounds that could run a rabbit to death every time out. FC Mcnair's Prince was a very full sized hound and he produced many a FC Caliber hounds over 15 inch's that did not go to trials that could run a rabbit literally to death. Prince had a litter mate brother that was every bit of 16-16.5 inches with a cannon of a nose that would run away from Prince I mean he was a great one.

Pro ain't the only one that throws a lot of big or oversized hounds. There are beagles or what ever they are that are big dogs and some can smoke a bunny!

Actually I have quite a few pretty BIG dogs with many more coming even bigger the lord willing.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
bmashburn this link has picture of Blood...Big Nasty's sire in it. Blood is the red male on the chain.

The three female pups with the swamp rabbit they ran till the killed is Bloods littermate sisters. They are pretty dog gone nice. They can roll.

Hope this helps some. Just click on the link. All the dogs you see are a few of the hounds I bred that I have here. They all do a pretty fair job from my and my hunting group so far. If you go UP on the page you will see a few more.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Size is something I breed for, and it’s something I think about in every cross I make. I prefer that my males be closer to 15 inches, but if one goes a little over, it does not concern me. I am more concerned that all my hounds run the same speed, regardless of size. When I get a big female, I am especially pleased.

This gal looks like she is going to have good size.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Hound

1 - 15 of 15 Posts