Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen the outside of ears get bumps on them. Both dogs ran hard in thick brush Next day they got them. 40 to 50 little bumps. They don’t itch can’t see them only feel them. Vet said give Benadryl Just curious if anyone else has seen this on their dogs thank you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve seen this but never knew what it caused from. I didn’t think much about about since it didn’t bother the dogs. I’m glad you asked. Now I know a few reasons.
Thank you everyone. They still have them. Another round of Benadryl see what happens.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Rain rot, Dew rot or dew poison ——— it’s normally seen on the tips of the ears (as that’s where sweat an moisture dogs pick up when running goes to the end of the ear) it starts we’re moisture holds in the hair close to the skin forming (Dermatophilosis) microorganisms that get in the pores an skin
I have seen it on some dogs head and neck also
Bleach an water mix applied regularly till gone
Keepmmmmmmm running

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rain rot, Dew rot or dew poison ——— it’s normally seen on the tips of the ears (as that’s where sweat an moisture dogs pick up when running goes to the end of the ear) it starts we’re moisture holds in the hair close to the skin forming (Dermatophilosis) microorganisms that get in the pores an skin
I have seen it on some dogs head and neck also
Bleach an water mix applied regularly till gone
Keepmmmmmmm running
Thank you will try it.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
An old beagle friend of mine, now dead, taught me this. Mix sulfur and burned motor oil and paint it on. Don't touch this mixture with your hands unless you want to smell it for a couple of days. He always had a rag tied to the end of a stick. He mopped it on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts