Rabbit Dogs banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
W Cropp what is she kenneled in, more front feet or back .
Above ground wire floor. But as of now I have her in a create in the garage for close care she doing better though. Crazy it’s the right back paw and left front paw. Front paw is doing really good back paw she still not running on when I let her out

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I like mushers secret too. Curiosity question? Are the feet dark or pink? You may have another issue but pink feet tear easier. If a dog has pink feet and I was thinking bout buying it, I’d decline.
They are mostly pink. I noticed that when her feet are exposed to lots of water during hunts that mess up.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I like mushers secret too. Curiosity question? Are the feet dark or pink? You may have another issue but pink feet tear easier. If a dog has pink feet and I was thinking bout buying it, I’d decline.
A couple of my Patch hounds especially my female with pink pads at the end of the day running in wet snow it would take skin off the pads. That was the only time it would happen, never had to use pad medicine on her. I will definitely buy some just to have around.

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
Bowguy is finally right about something!! Just rubbing ya brother. Had a bird dog with pinkish colored feet and couldn’t hunt her but about every 3-4 days. She just couldn’t hold up. Sold her to an older gentleman that only bird hunted 1 day a week and they were the perfect match. Great dog just not what worked for my day after day use. If you continue to have issues( and you probably will) you might look at rehoming to someone that only gets to hunt on Saturday or Sunday or one day a week! Win for dog and hunter.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts