Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have gyp that I consider to one of my best I’m having trouble with her paw pads. I used the tuff foot twice a day for two weeks. I have had her in close care in the garage in a create only out for bath room. She healed good for that period of 3wks no running. Ran her 3 times after healing 3 day her paw pads are jacked up again. What do I do? Bad paws and all she will run it on 2 legs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guys I have gyp that I consider to one of my best I’m having trouble with her paw pads. I used the tuff foot twice a day for two weeks. I have had her in close care in the garage in a create only out for bath room. She healed good for that period of 3wks no running. Ran her 3 times after healing 3 day her paw pads are jacked up again. What do I do? Bad paws and all she will run it on 2 legs.
I use BLU KOTE on my dogs. It has worked good for me

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Mr Cropp,Let me say first. I AM NOT A VET! Here is what I think you have going on. My Father called it Swamp Foot. He had an Irish Setter that would do that. His old Vet told him it was a fungus that was hard to cure. He did like you and kept her in the house and dry for weeks. Every time he hunted her it would come back in a few days. This is what he and his Vet came up with. He put powdered Alum on her feet. The stuff you make pickles out of. After he hunted her he would put it on the bottoms of her feet. It worked on her.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
On the farm we used Bag Balm on cows udders when cracking or sore. Heck even put it on our kids if they were showing some diaper rash. You can also use barn lime, it dries up the wound and helps it heal. My cousin horse ran into a barb wire fence and torn a good gash on her front chest. Vet came out gave her Anti-biotics and told my cousin to clean out the proud flesh and pack the cut with Barn Lime, the powder type, do daily. Healed with out even a major scar, if you did not know there was a cut you would have never known. Both work good. JMO

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have the stuff for you!!! Pad kote. I’m using it right now. Check it out. It is wonderful stuff. Well after reading the post. Looks like you have been using. It but I still am a believer I have one that is giving me problems right now and in just 3 days she is walking much better with no limp and is getting closer to being ready to run. I am going to use this stuff on torn ears a d other potential infected areas. But it turns everything blue so be careful.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Paws R Protected and Mushers secret are both top of the line. Keep using after they are healed. Put it on 3 times a week and before each run it will condition and toughen the pads to prevent the problem

1 - 20 of 34 Posts