Arkansas State Proggresive Pack Hunt

Discussion in 'NKC' started by beagleman01, Mar 10, 2010.

1. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

The Ouachaita River Beagle Club will be hosting the progressive pack state hunt this weekend 3/13/10. the clubhouse is located off bingham rd in little rock. if anybody would like to attend or needs directions please feel free to call. deadline will be 6:30 my phone number is 501-680-6902

tim

2. Tim,
    what style of hound is running in Progressive pack these days. The dogs that I am running are very similiar to the earlier Progressive Packs but the last trial I went to was almost 10 years ago and the dogs were faster and rougher.

3. beagleman01

some still a little rough and fast. but it is getting better i think alot of the judges are getting better at getting the rough ones up and that helps alot

tim

4. Beagler282

Beagler282 Active Member

GA
    I'll never forget the cast you and Dennis judged at the U.S.hunt 1 year.Yall picked 3 dogs up and had 3 left down.It slowed the packed down and you could throw a blanket over those 3 hounds and they really worked the track better with less breakdowns.Good luck with your state hunt.Hope the weather is nice with some good running.

5. beagleman01

usually get 1 or 2 up and the pack dose settle down suppose to have great weather hoping for a good turnout

6. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

So how did the hunt go Tim?

How many dogs did yall have and who won?

I intended to go but my father in law came up with something for me to do so I couldnt make it.

7. beagleman01

we had a total of 50 hounds, 23 opens, 13 champions, and 9 grands.
    Avery Thomas won the opens with Cash, I won the champs with my Buster hound and Bobby Adcock won the grands with his Swing dog. Lots of good running and lots of rabbits. everybody seem to have a good time. We had 6 states represented and dogs from 5 different states placed in the trail.

8. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations to all of you.

I figured there would be a good turnout.

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone

9. beagleman01

no complaints thought we would of had more dogs but ok i guess