Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Showed up on the side of one of my dogs on their rib cage. I’ve been cleaning and doctoring with antibiotic cream as well as giving the dog antibiotics to try and treat it but it looks pretty bad it’s not soft feels hard when you touch it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Can’t tell if it is raised or not. I’m not sure what it would be but I would certainly treat for round worm.

·
Registered
377 Posts
not yet was thinking of trying that today

it is raised and dog has been wormed regularly was just wormed on the 15th
Probably not round worm if it is raised. I’m with above May be a bit of an infection.

·
Registered
100 Posts
How big is it? Could you put something next to it, to show the size. Is there any mobility issues? Are the dogs eyes dilated?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it’s about the size of a quarter maybe a tad bigger. dog acts fine eyes look fine it’s just a really nasty looking knot

·
Registered
249 Posts
One of my hounds had one years ago on the under side of his neck. My vet said it was a puncture wound that healed over on the outside but not inside. He lanced it, squeezed the worst looking wad of red and yellowish mess outta that thing you ever saw. He irrigated it and squirted antibiotic ointment in the incision and gave me several days of oral antibiotics for it. It was late February so I didn’t have to worry about flies. It healed up nicely.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had a dog get a similar knot on his side but the hair didn’t come off. Vet said it was a puncture wound that had healed over and became a cyst. He drained it and all was fine

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Bot fly, in grown hair, cyst, puncture with material under the skin. When a puncture happens sometimes the piece breaks off and stays lodged in the dog. Over time it will try to work its way out, thus causing what you have now. Lance it, squeeze it and a bunch of yuck will come out just like a cyst. What does your Vet think? JMHO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts