Anybody Run Rabbits Today?

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by RKW, Jan 28, 2010.

1. RKW

RKW Active Member

I'm down to a 2 dog brace. One pup won't go, one's in season, and one is heavy with pups. My wife and I went on the back forty this morning and had a good time running but mostly trailing a big ole rabbit. She was in the right spot again and I wasn't. I believe she is a rabbit magnet. That rabbit came out by her and ran down the lane about 100 yards right in front of her. I knew there were several rabbits in those thickets but I was suprised to see how many tracks and piles of poop are in those thickets. It is anywhere you want to stop. I'm glad of that right here at home but it is in a big area and they will circle and stay in the thickets where you can't see them. When it drys up I'm going to make 2 or 3 lanes through there so I can see them more often. Thanks for listening to my morning hunt story.

Roger

2. Jeff Gammon

Jeff Gammon Active Member

Glad you had a great day with your wife Roger

3. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like y'all are enjoying your dogs and that's the important thing.

I'm at deer camp for a few days trying to get some meat for the freezer so I won't get to rabbit hunt much this week.

I'm sittin in a leaky ground blind right now and haven't seen a deer all morning.

I guess they've got more sense than I do.

4. Crofford

Crofford New Member

Don't feel bad I'm out working in this crap.I usually see 15-20 deer a day riding between locations,today I've seen one they just aren't moving much.I bet I saw 30 yesterday before this front.Once this weather starts to break I bet they will be moving again.Good Luck

5. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

Thanks. I got a doe yesterday and almost got a shot at another one but she winded me I guess.

I might be down here awhile from what my wife just told me. She said it's pretty icy at home and I dont have to be at work till Monday so I think I'm just gonna stay down here awhile. They'll have to move eventually and I can think of worse places to be snowed in at. :wink:

6. Crofford

Crofford New Member

The roads are definatly getting worse here they are a lot slicker right now than they were at 7 this morning.The snow is really coming down now.Listening to the weather they are saying tonight and tommorrow morning will be the worst for the road conditions.I bet the deer will be moving like crazy tommorrow afternoon.