Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Very good friend of mine is the largest one man owned gun dealer in the USA. He is a fine man and a good friend. Generous and willing to help any good cause. Any kind of Veterans Origination and many more. Last year according to his Federal Firearms Number. He bought over 270 Million Dollars worth in New guns. This does not take into account used items he took on trade. He operated in 14 locations mostly in the south. HE CALLED IT QUITS THIS WEEK! He sold out 100%. This was his Quote. The outlook for legal gun sales in America is Suspect at best. GOD BLESS AMERICA! Turn them dogs out boy. He will be coming with Mr Dunn and my self to the hunt. His name is Gary. I am sure he will be getting some dogs soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
A Very good friend of mine is the largest one man owned gun dealer in the USA. He is a fine man and a good friend. Generous and willing to help any good cause. Any kind of Veterans Origination and many more. Last year according to his Federal Firearms Number. He bought over 270 Million Dollars worth in New guns. This does not take into account used items he took on trade. He operated in 14 locations mostly in the south. HE CALLED IT QUITS THIS WEEK! He sold out 100%. This was his Quote. The outlook for legal gun sales in America is Suspect at best. GOD BLESS AMERICA! Turn them dogs out boy. He will be coming with Mr Dunn and my self to the hunt. His name is Gary. I am sure he will be getting some dogs soon.
Man, thats sad. Very few local shops left. Mostly big chains and online sales now. I miss walking in a gun shop that had walls of Walnut and Blued steel used guns for sale.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Arky73 your post brought some good memories back. As a young boy my dad and I would make the three hr trip to Indy we would spend the day going to pawn shops and the meany mom pop gun shops unfortunately most of the gun shops are gone now but those sure was some good father/ son days. By the way if I missed u welcome aboard hope you enjoy and looking forward to your post

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Too bad he sold out, but when enough is enough, time to get out. A good friend of mine is a gunsmith and the paper work he has to complete is outrageous. So owning a number of guns shops and dealing with keeping them staffed, handling orders, buying and selling would be a nightmare. I hope he enjoys his retirement and when Gary gets some hounds he has fun running.

·
Super Moderator
5,535 Posts
I sold my Gun shop in 2008 due to all the government red tape and constant checks from ATF. It took a full time employee to just keep paperwork correct! There was only about 10-12% markup on firearms so just wasn’t worth it. Sad times we live in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts