Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Health wise, been a painful 11 months. Just can not get over back issues. I will die with the cancer and heart issues. Have had a DVT in my right foot and leg. It’s hard to get around. I had to sell my dogs last Nov. I just could not care for them. I have great running grounds, plenty of rabbits, Honda sideXside and no dogs. Going to try a pair of young hounds on Monday morning. No UGBF hounds in 100’s of miles. My friend in in ARHA hall of fame and has hard hitting dogs that hunt. I used to run that style of hound. Just want a pair to gun hunt if I am able. Hope I can do it, wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
I climbed light poles for years and never fell. I fell on my back porch and broke my back.
It didn't heal right and now I have pinched nerves that are taking my legs away.
I use my side by side. It is not as good as walking but it's better than a rocking chair.
My dogs are learning. I intend to have them where they will jump in the floor board and ride when going and coming.
One is doing it and the other one will before long I think.
I only have two now. Thats all I can manage.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
If you train you young dogs to climb a walkway to get their food, then, place the walkway on your tailgate, you will have them trained in a short time. I never touch mine to load. I tone them, call and yell " Load up". They run up the ramp and into the dog box.
Just talking about it gets me excited. It's a great day to run, 70 degrees, cloudy with a threat of rain. Ugh, I have company for the weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts