Alpha 200

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by Burnett, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Burnett

Burnett Well-Known Member

Anyone have a alpha 200 yet? From what ive read it said nothing about better range.price is around 200.00 more.Ill probably have to get one.ha.

2. Ken James

Ken James Active Member

MS.
    I was waiting on someone to get it going. Thanks Burnett. Let's hear about the new and improved Alpha 200i. How about the extra 3 buttons on the side and I do like 4x more memory. Also I like the truck location feature. I want to know about tracking and handling the dogs. Gundog supply sent me a message early, guess Steve figured I would be a good easy target. lol Oh! I like the larger screen it helps us older blind folks..

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    JDW, Seark, Circle4p and 3 others like this.

3. Burnett

Bigger screen and you can bluetooth to a smart phone .Supposed to be able to see the screen in sunlight better.I have little use for birdseye but you can dowload it with wifi and not have to use computer.Lots of new features.Disapointed it dont mention better range.I may sell a kidney and get one.

Seark, Circle4p, Curnel and 3 others like this.
  4. Burnett

Also update software with wifi using no computer.I like that.

Seark, Circle4p and TJRANGER like this.
  5. Complex

Complex Well-Known Member

Man I just ordered a 100 then saw these were coming out

6. Burnett

Whereever you bought it may take it in on trade.Or you may can return it .

Circle4p and TJRANGER like this.
  7. semnhunter

semnhunter Well-Known Member

MN
    This was six years ago when I bought mine, I guess they were ahead of their time!

MackC and Circle4p like this.
  8. semnhunter

semnhunter Well-Known Member

MN
    Burnett, I would recommend a better antenna for better range and if you have to a roof top will give you plenty of range, but I don't think that would be necessary for beagles. We use the roof mount on coyote hounds an can track four to five miles most of the time unless it is really hilly or dense. With just my extended range antenna on the hand held I can track coyote hounds for about two miles most of the time!

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Well-Known Member

I just ordered mine from Okie Dog Supply. After I get it and play around with it for a few days I'll give an update. Right now I seldom use my Alpha 100 and use my Pro 550 plus more so I'm hoping it will be a mix of both. I hated the touch screen controls on the Alpha 100.

Seark, andrew3d and Circle4p like this.
  10. Ken James

Ken James Active Member

MS.

Circle4p likes this.
  11. Ken James

Ken James Active Member

MS.
    I like Gundog Supply because they have a 30 day return policy, and Steve has a video on the new 200i. He gives a great run down on the product in Steve's Picks.

12. Burnett

If you dont like the alpha 100 you probably wont like the 200 either.ha.I hope you do tho.I will have to get one soon.

semnhunter and Circle4p like this.
  13. Burnett

Thats a good policy.Alot of people cant figure them out.

jhook04 and Circle4p like this.
  14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Well-Known Member

I'm not the most tech savvy person but I do like a lot of the new features it will have. The hunting groups is a big plus for me. I will be able to store some of my different hunting buddies collars in it and not be limited to 20 total.

15. barnold1

barnold1 Well-Known Member

MO
    The scroll buttons on the side to flip through your collar training controls would be worth the upgrade for me.

16. ToddWilkins

ToddWilkins Active Member

Have sold about 50 since Tuesday morning, it is a nice piece, a lot more user friendly, better screen, and will hold more dogs, can track 20, cant activate which 20 you want to track, and switch very easily, here is a review I posted on facebook, if I can be any help shoot me a message, free shipping on them all, WilkinsOutdoor.com for pics and ordering and we do fincance. You can train dogs on this unit without trying to scroll between dogs with that little arrow on screen which is nice, can use the side buttons

Alpha 200i REVIEW

Absolutely awesome screen, way easier to use and get around than the 100

Scroll your dogs for training without having to hit the little small arrows on screen

Zoom in and out much like your phone with your fingers

Adding dogs and creating list, being able to activate and de activate dogs is awesome.

Adding all your clubs dogs is easy, add all of them, then select which 20 you would like to track.

Add a group of dogs, activate entire group, deactivate group and select another group

Question mark timer, when you have a question mark it gives you the time since last signal was received

Only con so far is new charging port, takes a micro usb as opposed to the charger Alpha 100 used.

Overall, Garmin hit a grand slam!

will keep tinkering!

17. Burnett

Whats the downside to the charging port?You feel its more fragile?or bad you cant use a alpha charger? Thanks.

Circle4p likes this.
  18. ToddWilkins

ToddWilkins Active Member

Both, I was hoping to use the old charger for simplicity, and also I am worried if the new one is more fragile, but they may know more than me in the design becasue I have seen the old charging ports broken also.

Circle4p likes this.
  19. Complex

Complex Well-Known Member

Okie called today and asked if I
    Okie called today and asked if I would like to upgrade so I did it. Good people there

20. marshall dillon

marshall dillon Well-Known Member

Virginia
    Can you link it with a Alpha 100 ?

Circle4p likes this.