Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Just like Huntsman says, you can write a letter to the breeder and request to get the dogs named changed. The breeder has to authorize it send to AKC and pay a fee.
I bought 2 pups and they were already named through the AKC, I was not happy, so I named them the names that I wanted. I called the breeder and he stated he names everyone of his pups, just in case they come back to him. JMO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m not interested in changing a name. I just received a pedigree back on a litter I raised and the puppies pedigree reads different than her mothers. The numbers on the dog are the same. Just was curious if someone could have changed the dog name between the mothers birth and her litter. Didn’t think that could happen. May reach out to AKC, not overly fond of these papers not lining up

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Zander

If the AKC number is the same, even if a name change, the pedigree shouldn't change. I may be wrong, but even in a name change, that AKC number will not be reassigned to another dog. In a litter the AKC numbers are in sequence, example if an AKC Number which is now Using HP........01 Would be the HP with 8 numbers, last two numbers as I show above a litter of 7 would show puppy papers starting with 01 to 07 as the last two numbers. If a larger litter it still follows as the last two numbers example a litter of 11 last two numbers would be 11. Even in larger litters all dogs in the litter would have the same number except the last two numbers. I hope this helps, but all dogs with this number sequence have the same pedigree.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I’m not interested in changing a name. I just received a pedigree back on a litter I raised and the puppies pedigree reads different than her mothers. The numbers on the dog are the same. Just was curious if someone could have changed the dog name between the mothers birth and her litter. Didn’t think that could happen. May reach out to AKC, not overly fond of these papers not lining up
Do reach out, it might be nothing or something that had to go through you. JMO
Let us know what happens. JMO

·
Registered
79 Posts
I used a pedigree service once and had the same problem. Contacted the service and they had made a mistake. Very reputable business, they just made a mistake. I would check with them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I drove 13 hours to get a registered mountain fice, papers in hand and when I arrived the breeder had registered every dog in the litter with his kennel name trying to establish a reputable breeding to make money selling dogs, and the AKC wanted big money to rename him, and the guy I bought him from had to agree, which he didn’t want to do. It is as a pain, and if not trying to live a Christian life I might would have gotten in a little trouble. BUT, Thank GOD I am not that man anymore!!
Good Luck!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts