Afternoon work

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by LtELmer, Mar 24, 2020.

1. TJRANGER

TJRANGER Super Moderator Staff Member

Arkansas
    Neighbor down the road brought me a mess of veggies this morning. Going to grill some fresh beef patties that I just got back from processing and grill some of these veggies. May not need to light the grill to grill em!! It’s rough here today. E9911428-D1B0-4639-AC54-4ADA1424424C.jpeg

2. Grizzly creek beagles

Grizzly creek beagles Well-Known Member

I fried up a mess of green tomatoes and zucchini the other night with breaded pork chops. And we had some big ol’ red tomatoes sliced up on our cheeseburgers on Sunday. Got to love them fresh vegetables!!! Wish I had room for my own garden spot

3. AJ Johnson

AJ Johnson Well-Known Member

LT you know that salt don't melt lol! Mater told me to say it ;)

4. AJ Johnson

AJ Johnson Well-Known Member

Nothing like fried green tomatoes

5. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

yep sure ,blame poor ole Mater when he ain't around lol And yep pu
    rty salty didn't melt by that burner.

6. semnhunter

semnhunter Well-Known Member

MN
    They will be ready here around the second weekend in August here, and the bunnies will run in the corn about the same time, can't wait!

7. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

michigan
    It is nice to have a garden but sometimes it cheaper time and money wise not to have one. Just buy at local vegetable stands.

8. Grizzly creek beagles

Grizzly creek beagles Well-Known Member

We’ve got a couple that lives just outside of our town that raises a big garden and sweet corn every year and they sell it as a (you pick) place at very reasonable prices. It’s done on the honor system but we’ve gotten to know them over the last 10 yrs.

9. WVBeagleMan

WVBeagleMan Well-Known Member

WV
    I raise a garden every year. One of my favorite meals during garden season is creamed new potatoes. This year I got my garden out about a month late because of frost into late April/May and then monsoons. But I just dug my first potatoes and made creamed new potatoes with peas, man was it good.

10. mattdog

mattdog Well-Known Member

WV
    Tha
    That brings back memories

11. TJRANGER

Arkansas
    E9949595-B7C9-4ED7-AC17-127076E40210.jpeg E9949595-B7C9-4ED7-AC17-127076E40210.jpeg E9949595-B7C9-4ED7-AC17-127076E40210.jpeg My two blueberry bushes have really produced this year. We have already put up 6 gal in freezer and gave away to family and friends over 8 gal and they are loaded still. Picked gal and a half this morning. Going to announce for church Family to come and pick all they want. We are done

12. WVBeagleMan

WV
    I have an 18 year old son who tested positive for COVID 19, so my household has been on COVID Isolation since last Tuesday. I have social distanced while running the beagles and picked about 4 gallon of blackberries. Made a blackberry pie (pie, not cobbler) yesterday and gonna make some jelly today.

BTW son is fine, had a low grade fever last Monday and sore throat on Tuesday, nothing since. Temp has been fine. My wife and I have been taking our temp every day and so far have been normal.

13. lp51

lp51 Well-Known Member

Wvbeagleman. Just to ask a stupid question. What's the difference between pie and cobbler.

14. WVBeagleMan

WV
    From masterclass.com:
    Pie is a baked dish featuring a fruit filling encased in dough, which is called a pie crust or pie shell once baked.
    A cobbler is a freeform dessert consisting of a fruit base and a slightly sweet biscuit topping. The biscuit dough is traditionally dropped over the top of the fruit to create a “cobbled” together crust in a baking dish.

15. Red dog 007

Red dog 007 Well-Known Member

hope you guy’s are doing ok. and got it under control. i love blackberry’s im sure that blackbery pie was delicious. but a blackberry cobler with melted butter running all over it with sprinkled sigar on top is awful hard to beat. real hard to beat if you have a scoop of homemade vanilla ice crean with it. :)

16. TJRANGER

Arkansas
    There you go again Reddog making me hungry.

17. Circle4p

Circle4p Well-Known Member

Alabama
    X2 Why you wanna do a feller like that Reddog

18. Red dog 007

Red dog 007 Well-Known Member

lol . im daydreaming about it myself . man dont that sound good.

Circle4p likes this.
  19. Rabbitfootforme

Rabbitfootforme Well-Known Member

You guys are awful... I think about food and I gain weight... here you are doing a man like that.... shame shame shame... TJ, didn't you start this...

Circle4p and TJRANGER like this.
  20. WVBeagleMan

WV
    Wife and I went and got tested for COVID 19 today, both negative on the Rapid test but they made us do the mail in test also. I guess its because our son was positive and the rapid test is so unreliable. Anyway, came home and finished off the rest of my creamed new potatoes and peas. After that I made some blackberry jelly, man what a load of work for 6 jelly jars.