Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to give 7-way shots to pups before i started reading a lot on these different boards and read where you are supposed to give 5-way to young pups because the lepto portion in a 7-way can kill the pups at an early age. A few years back the farmers co-op sold a 8-way shot and i used it, but they don't sell it any more, so what do you people use ?

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Ive pretty much always just given the 7 way and (knock on wood) so far I havent had any problem. The 8 way probably includes corona but I dont know how much if any problem that is around here so I dont give that one.

I gave the 5 way to a litter one time then switched to 7 way for their third shot but I doubt Ill do it again. I had some left over and still had to buy 7 way when it was time to vacinate the grown dogs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would love to use the 5 way shot but can't find it around here. I have always used the 7 way shot and have not had any bad effects from it. The only bad shot I have given has been the ones I ordered. I have forgotten which supplier I ordered it from but I ordered the 5 way shot and gave them to my pups and lost 5 out of 7 pups because of it. I don't order anymore shots, I like to pick them up and give them asap.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I buy all my shots (5-way & 7-way) from tractor supply. I ask the sales person when i first started shopping their about how the shots were shipped from the supplier to the store and he said they were kept cool all the way. I like fort dodge also but in my small home town a little feed store where i used to get them sold me some that were out dated, i didn't notice this till i got home, and i've never been back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts