Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Excuse me but that sounds crazy. Expecting someone to just imagine your word is true?. It may be but no video, no trial, no offer to let someone watch him run, I’m not looking for a dog but that’s not right imo.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I would be suspicious. Easy to say don’t blame him. It’s hunting season, it’s not a pup. Maybe he coulda gotten it ready beforehand if that’s the point. Pretty simple to spin things so they suit an assumption you’d want someone to make.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Jason runs at my farm. Anyone that wants to see the dog run could come and watch him if they coordinate with him. Not everyone records their dogs running but anyone who wanted to watch the dog run can. The add did not say that he would not show him in the field.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Yes read and don’t add your own words to someones post.
Maybe YOU ought to read what YOU wrote and not exclude the fact you would have allowed someone to watch. Cleo the mind reader we’re not. You made a statement that sounded wrong. If misworded on your part that’s certainly explainable. People often try to pull wool over someone’s eyes. I’m not trying to hurt you by any means. We don’t know who’s reading and it could be a guy buying a dog for his son. Based on only words that’s a gamble. I’m sure you understand that. Good luck w sale

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Looking out for others brother. Honest guys don’t get offended when someone is just looking out. Good thing you didn’t get offended

·
Registered
965 Posts
The man doesn't come off dishonest to me. He has a dog for sale. You dont have to buy it. No trial means you cant leave with it. Many reasons play into that, people could be idiots and ruin the dog and bring it back, people could hunt it with no intention of buying but want to use it to hunt awhile etc.
Bottom line is if you dont want to buy it on his terms dont buy it

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
This is just another case where someone sticks their nose into a place where it don't belong. If people want advise they usually ask for it. There is no need to jump in on a post, especially when you have no dog in the fight. You have already said that you have no interest in the dog so let everyone else decide if they want to buy it sight or unseen.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
That’s not correct unless you’re the type person only worries about yourself. I consider that really selfish. I could know or understand something yet I won’t share that with someone who may not, like a beginner, and that was my concern. You seem to often be concerned about such things like helping new folks so you too should understand.
I certainly won’t turn my back and let someone else get burned if I see potential. The way it was written there was potential plus to be honest it was not from a reg member that someone would even know his manner. 35 posts in 7 years all selling dogs. No forum involvement except for personal gain. The future of our sport depends on more new folks getting involved. How involved are they gonna get if someone screws them? Think about that and you’ll understand my point.
That being said I became more comfortable with what was said. It actually coulda stopped at that point and should have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
$500 firm this is what I gave for him. No videos. It’s hunting season, so he’s not going out on trial.

When I read this I ASSUMED you buy the dog and take him for his word with no way of seeing it run yourself. JUST SAYING. I was interested but I guess I read the post wrong myself. Go figure. Lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
No trial means the dog is not leaving my house. Anyone is more than welcome to come see him run.

When you ASSUME without asking questions you make an ASS of yourself, especially when it has been cleared up in other replies. Go figure LOL!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts