Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any leads on 410 shells? I have 2 little girls who will be disappointed when they're shooting season ends early due to lack of ammo.
Do you think it will ever get any easier to find ammo during this administration?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I haven't saw .410 shells in a really long time man, probably coming up on a year now or close to it I guess. If I could get 2 or 3 boxes it would likely last me and my daughter a lifetime so if I come across any in store I will probably have to pay the ridiculous price they ask now days and get them. I don't believe these ammo shortages/restrictions are going to go away any time soon. Probably get worse.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate it...
I'll keep up my routine of stopping at stores and doing a quick bullet check. Searching websites at on break. I don't find any pleasure in shopping, even if it is for hunting stuff.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I do not think the prices will go down or the amount of ammo will increase at stores.
Keep looking and if there is a gun club near you go there and ask if anyone has 410 or 410 reloads you could buy. JMHO

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Mossy.
What do you think will #7.5 kill a cottontail in a 410? I don't have a lot 410 experience. It's my girls who use them. Normally I buy #6, but will try them if they will do the job. When they're turkey hunting they use #9 and it flops the tom right over. Totally different critter though...

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Thanks Mossy.
What do you think will #7.5 kill a cottontail in a 410? I don't have a lot 410 experience. It's my girls who use them. Normally I buy #6, but will try them if they will do the job. When they're turkey hunting they use #9 and it flops the tom right over. Totally different critter though...
Marshman I dont shoot a 410 BUT my younger nephew use to come hunt with us with a 410 pistol and shot about anything in it he could get his hands on...Lol , He killed a bunch of rabbits

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Thanks Mossy.
#7.5 will take a rabbit out, what is the choke? My 410's are all full choke and I use #6-#7 shot. It will hit the animal with more pellets. Makes for some cautious eating of the rabbit. JMHO

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I bought a case of 410 online it said out of stock but I put my email in and in about 4 days I got an email from them and said they had got some in and my case of 410 3 inch 6 shots were being shipped out and I had them in about a week
Good for you, my name is on 4 lists, when I get notified and put in the order it comes up out of stock.
pretty frustrating. JMHO

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought a case of 410 online it said out of stock but I put my email in and in about 4 days I got an email from them and said they had got some in and my case of 410 3 inch 6 shots were being shipped out and I had them in about a week
What website?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts