Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning Kybrushbuster and I participated in our local feed stores end of the season rabbit hunt boy what a day we had. We sneaked down to Monticello KY were ole brushbuster knew that some swamp rabbits were. Dogs ran awesome on a cold morning ended up jumping 3, we missed 2, and we only managed to bring 1 to the weigh in at the store. Out of 9 teams our single swamp rabbit got us 3rd place ! Brush buster got a pretty nice lead , and I got a bag of good ole diamond high energy. Was a great way to the season. Thankful for a good friend showing me how awesome running rabbit dogs can really be.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Man what a morning! We went deeper than I had ever been in the swamp. All the standing water was crusted over with ice so the dogs had to dig down at times but when they hit the high ground the races got down right violent sounding. It was awesome sitting around at the weigh in. I couldn't believe our one rabbit held on for 3rd place! Must have been that tungsten shot Stoney was using!!!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Congratulations getting a place . That must have been some tough conditions for y’all to only get 1 rabbit with those good dogs .
We had a couple more opportunities but missed. A few more shooters would have helped alot. Those swampers don't care to run out of hearing before they come back around. Seemed like we was one step behind them all morning!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts